ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wierd noise from engine

mk5 fiesta zetec s
just wondering if anybody could tell me what the squeeking could be from my engine. its coming from the belt that you can see when you have the hood up. when i rev the car to around 2.5 rpm the noise goes. cheers guys. car is at 64.0000 miles

mk5 fiesta zetec s
think it is the timing belt is really loud and squeeky when my car is at idle i just thought it was because it was cold :(

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It won't be the timing belt.

If that was slipping, you'd have a little more than a squeek coming from there!!

Probably a slipping Aux belt.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not really.

I'd get it changed as a matter of priority though. Prevention is better than cure and all that.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No idea mate.

But Cambelt/auxbelt/service/road tax is going to cost about £500! FLOL!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A friend of mine just p/x'd a 53 plate 1.6 dyn with Air and elec roof for £2500 at BMW.

A rough guide for you.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
hmmm dont think i can get insured on any beemer yet lol. might give it a good clean then and go to a few garages on friday. how long does it take a garage to give you a valuation?.