ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wierd noise

1.5 dci 106 Clio
I have just heard today a noise I haven't heard before, when I turn my steering wheel to the right I hear a (excuse the expression) a kluncking noise.

Is this normal or do I need it investigating?

Ste

CLIO Iceberg 172
normal due to suspension geometry, its very common on 172's, usually problem is solved with a metal washer under the top mount

1.5 dci 106 Clio
Finally took it to the Renault dealer I bought it from and they have told me that they think I need a new Top Strut Mount.

Just thought I'd post this so anyone with the same issue can see whay I had done.

Will update if this fixes the problem or not!

clio sport 182
new top mounts i think dont solve it really,i posted up a while ago a lil project into making a better sized collar for the top mount,i was doing it on a lathe here at my work place but the lathe is down so just waiting for it to be repaired,i will post up once its done on how it all went and if it solved my knocking problems