ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wii chipped

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
I've been running my chipped wii now for about 1 month, and it works perfectly. highly recommend it to other wii owners :approve:

You can play backups....

Which chip did you use?

I bought a Cyclowiz but I stuffed up the install so i never managed to get it in. Acutally happy I didn't becuase I've read all sorts of comments about Wii's going wrong after they've been installed.

I'll wait until the modchips have developed a bit more before I get another one.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
wiinja (v2 i think), no problems at all, with the install or dre's or anything, joinned one of them game rental clubs :) played 7 games so far ;)

The benefits really pay off if everything goes to plan....

However if it doesn't then its new Wii time.

Is the Wiinja upgradeable? The Cyclowiz claims to be but there are lot of people disuputing that.

williams 0013
im waiting for my wiikey to arrive from china
iv not read anything bad about then yet
just gotta find some 1 to fit it :S

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
chipping. for pikeys who cannot afford real games and support the software houses ;)

Astra CDTI SRI
Chipped mine ages ago with Cyclowiz v1.

Works great apart from the slow down in warioware and elebits.

VaVa
chipping. for pikeys who cannot afford real games and support the software houses ;)

LOL

Or for people with more sense than to pay £45 for a DVD. ;)

Same applies to the music industry. If they didn't charge such ridiculous prices in the first place people wouldn't bother with piracy.

If 360 games were £20 a pop I'd be willing to bet that a hell of a lot less people would bother with pirate copies! I certainly wouldn't.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
theire is a wiinja delux which is upgradeable, don't see the point though. if nintendo do something they will just put some more protection into the dvd's and render all upgradeable chips useless. they could even put bad code in the games that update the upgradable chips so they don't work !! so non upgrade chip seems better

williams 0013
my wiikey modchip arrived today (shipped from hongkong on 3rd thats fast)
i was thiking of fitting it myself but now iv seen how small it is i dont want to risk it
is there any body in or around manchester area that has done one allready and can install this chip for me
a few ££ if you can (iv got a tri wing screwdriver)

or does anyone know if it can be done at bowlers computer fair(i know there used to be a guy that used to chip other stuff there)

thanks
dave

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
If 360 games were £20 a pop I'd be willing to bet that a hell of a lot less people would bother with pirate copies! I certainly wouldn't.

Dont quote me on this, but I heard that the consoles in the first place are sold at ahuge loss, hence the games are so expensive, so they get their money back.

So if games were £20, consoles would be about a grand ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

LOL

Same applies to the music industry. If they didn't charge such ridiculous prices in the first place people wouldn't bother with piracy.

Hmmm not really. Most 360 games can be found on ebay for under £25

Golf GTD
consoles are sold at a small loss so that microsoft can make money from companies paying to license code to run on the xbox 360. obviously the bigger the market, the more microsoft can potentially make on a console.

games are priced according to software houses/publishers

LOL

Wii games officially cost £39.99, but shop around and they can be had for £29.99 without too much effort (Asda are a good starting point)

If you can't afford the games don't buy the console, £30 isn't bad as long as you read reviews and plan purchases. Most software houses seem to be going under these days unless they get support from a major publisher, and considering that I remember paying £45-50 for some Mega Drive titles 13 years ago I would say things have moved in the right direction.