ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will 15"s Make my Car Look Lower?

i currently have these 16inch wheells (195/45/16) but all 4 tyres need replacing.. going to stick standard 15 inch wheels (185/55/15) back on as they all have 6mm tread.

will the car look lower?

will i have more gap between the tyre and arch?

will i need raise the height?

Cheers

09062008630.gif

09062008631.gif

p.s. the 15inch wheels are the ones that look like the clio exclusive alloys except in 15inch

1d99_12.jpg

Last edited:
isnt the radius of wheel+tyre the same? otherwise your speedo will be off.

So it would be exactly the same height no?

lol to be fair mate, they were mint! (the stickers are not on them no more) no kerbing or scuffs etc,.
, another reason im changing is just yesterday i skidded and took a half inch chunk out of the driver side lip only (slow skid into a kerb)

its minor, in that its at the bottom of the wheel and cant be seen as its now touched up, but i know its there so id rather stick another set of mint alloys on.. :(

my friend wants to try them on his CRX, if they fit , he'll take them, if not they'll be for sale..

that reminds me i gotta renew my membership on here

are you selling those alloys ;)

bloody hell just noticed you live in shipley (i used to live there before moving to daventry, come back to see parents, you may have seen my car about lol its a small world..

i'll let you know if my friend doesnt take the alloys.. will be in 3 weeks time before the swap as im in daventry, wont be back in bradford till end of month

The car will look higher on 15''

o cool, i think its a lil too low at the moment in that i'll scrape the lip on some roads and bumbs, but the handling is mint!

however on a large roundabout where you going flat out and tight (i.e. all the way round it back on the exit u came from) it seems to understeer.. although on normal bends its perfect..

does that mean it needs raising a lil? i hope it doe4snt go back to beign a tractor.. i may lower it some more, as its only half way down at the front..

isnt the radius of wheel+tyre the same? otherwise your speedo will be off.

So it would be exactly the same height no?

not sure.. speedo reads 4mph under according to gps on the 16s

roughly the same when i had 15s on standard height

mk5 fiesta zetec s
dont like shipley no more car got some abuse at the weekend :( .orite mate let me know about the alloys as i do like them cheers :D

RB 182 Cup
Your car will be lower if the profile on the 15s isnt huge. 195/50 or 195/45 will deffo lower the car a bit

Your car will be lower if the profile on the 15s isnt huge. 195/50 or 195/45 will deffo lower the car a bit

its just got a standard 185/55/15s on it (continentals)

i dont think ill be changing due to me having 2 spare tyres this same size..

so ill just have to lower it if it doesnt handle too well

lol at above..

i wouldnt take u in the clio.. id take u in the Scooby, u'll get mur of a spin on the country roads around daventry, may just fall in my lap! lol

b/g 182, meg tourer
bumper to floor gap will be smaller so the whole car will sit lower, BUT...

...there will be a bigger gap from the top of the tyre to the wheel arch.

J03

MX5 1.8
well its a smaller wheel! simple math tbh.

not really.. tyres would be thicker...

will the offest affect it too? i had some deep dish modern lines on the car 15s 8j wide and et 25.. when i sold it i swapped the wheels over to standard 15s and it was so much lower?!

J03

MX5 1.8
im not good on wheel stuff, offset is when the wheel meets the hub correct? gets all confusing

yeah thats what i thought... the lower of ofset the more the wheel sticks out, deeper the hub basically.. but then i put my standard wheels on it looked so much lower... pics

Photo0312.jpg

Photo0412.jpg

Photo0411.jpg

My trusty lil 182 :)
Was the centre bore on the te's large enough or did you have to have them bored? Been wanting a set for ages just been a bit unsure about centre bore and caliper clearance, but looks like there's loads of the latter on yours!

J03

MX5 1.8
Was the centre bore on the te's large enough or did you have to have them bored? Been wanting a set for ages just been a bit unsure about centre bore and caliper clearance, but looks like there's loads of the latter on yours!

nope didnt bore at all... go to rimstyle and get them. ther 15s, ET25 4x100 made to fit the clio so it goes on no probz! as for brake clearance its perfectly fine though abit tite near the spokes but i dont know about brakes on a 182... hm