ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will cambelt help me sell the car?

R35 GTR
Car is on 47k is it worth getting the cambelt done and selling ? around £350 for the cambelt and service.

When looking at a car would you choose one with it done or not?

Anything that gives the new buyer peace of mind. Cambelt means it's more or less going to be maintenance free other than the odd service, brakes and tyres like any other car.

Just add the price of the belt and labour onto the car, I did for my 306 turbo diesel and got the money back. Might not work the same for the clio tho.

Car SOLD :-(
Personally, I'd say yes

If I was paying that much money I would want the reassurance of it been done.

R35 GTR
Well, I have it booked in for tomorrow. I spoil my little clio.:eek:

Getting new gearbox juice, cambelt and bits, auxbelt, service, new engine mount and a few other bits of plastic that seem to fall off periodically.

GR7

Shiny red R32
Talking of cambelts, my car is almost 5 years old (Jan) and I have done 11,800 miles from new so does a cambelt just need changing every 50,000??? miles or is it also down to age please, if someone knows?
Thanks