ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will grooved and drilled discs wear EBC green stuff?

Clio
using green stuff EBC atm, quite like the feel of the pads but find they overheat and fade easily, fancy some drilled and grooved discs but im afraid they might ruin green stuff with them been softer than red and yellow EBC.

ta, Mikey

drilled are s**t, they crack around the holes or can do, as are greenstuff, as you are experiencing, get pagid or ferodo pads

Grooved discs will wear any pads faster

BMW M135i
I've got Brembo HC Discs, Greenstuff Pads and Goodridge Lines on the 172 and I can't fault them, then again i'm not mad brake hammerer but i've never got them to fade yet. The goodridge lines especially improve the feel when you get them hot hot hot, no squidegy pedal at all.

I'd have gone for DS2500s but I don't think i'd get the extra out of them for the cost.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Are the HC discs alot more than OE's? Need to replace mine in the new year.

BMW M135i
Cheaper iirc. Got mine for GDI for £57 along with the rear discs for £150 which were by far the cheapest I could find them, infact it was cheaper than that actually because of the cliosport discount through being a member. Think it was £150 all in for both.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
lol yes £57 fitted would be crazy cheap :)

Was gunna run OE discs with some mild uprated pads. Ive never needed to uprate the braking power in the past so I dunno!