ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will not replace SAGEM dials :(

i am after some dials for my 96 clio 16v, i am looking at lockwoods, but they all say Will not replace SAGEM dials, which i have.

what other dials are there? will the lockwoods fit and they are just telling fibs?

I wrote to Lockwood about two years ago about the Sagem dials. They replied very quickly and were friendly as well. No fobbing off BUT the dials for Sagem instruments will not fit. I told them they should state on the packaging they wont fit Sagem instruments. You could go and buy a pod from another Clio with the correct dials. You could spend all weekend getting one dial to fit but I wouldnt recommend it as you can see various places where they dont fit exactly.

Not sure if any other company makes coloured dials though.

right

they do fit

but need modding to fitting. justg need to be patient and cut em out carfeully well worth it i rekon

looks loads better

i think they were just cheap/ cost cutting as all 16v clio clocks are sagen and not veglia

loads in club have fitted em. other dials aint as nice

thanks for replies ppl,

wongy008 did you paint the needles? how long did it take to make them fit? and do you recon its possible to make the glow a different colour at night? is it a plastic film that makes them orange.

also do you know where you bought them and hiow much? cheers

I didnt say you couldnt make them fit. I made mine fit but really wasnt happy with the outcome. The reset mile-ometer pin was way out, the petrol gauge and temp gauge were way out. The orange film on the back was very uneven. Some speeds had two layers, some had three, others had one. Gave a very funny looking speedo. If you are patient then you can make them fit but patience is the name of the game. I wouldnt recommend scissors but a sharp knife to do the fiddly bits.

right

i got my dial from carnoissuer southend that offer cliosport discounts

my needles are whit and i have no problems seeing them on the white background, somemay think they clash with the dials but i can see em very clearly and like em like this.

this light up a bright orange at night and look really good,

the colour is a film integrated into the dials so im not sure u can change the colur but ive seen it done before but not nsure how, seem white dials that loight up blue!!!!!!

took me about 2 hourse to fit em as it proper jod. no needles needed to be removed as they are the new lockwood dials that wont need neeedle removal

mine fit perfectly. and needles are all accurate but the clocks looks loads better then they were

lol

forgot to mention that

from wat i remember they needle only little cutting about.

u just have to line em up ontop of dials and see where there are holes and pins for the dialds to slots into to hold em in place

its the main dials that take the longest the oil gaues took me 5 min to do