ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will this keep me happy? ;) Yes!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Ok, I admit I have been silly mental with all the cars I have been threw since january! I think this one will keep me happy now, tbh I'm tired of looking at cars. I'm 100% over the whole milage thing I had. Im the 3rd owner & she's on 91,600! :D
When I got her, looked dull compared to Betty who is also the same age.

image_zps042581b5.jpg

image_zps67c9e22c.jpg

image_zps72d88aee.jpg

image_zps0f91ddf8.jpg

image_zpsd6d78f22.jpg

Little bit of work with the Rupes & good old 105/205. I didn't want to chase every swirl, just wanted some gloss, depth back.

image_zps80026930.jpg

image_zpsa6d61fa3.jpg

image_zpsd5a4d4aa.jpg

image_zps855926e2.jpg

image_zpsa37da2ee.jpg

I didn't bother with the front end much as no point. She was 105/205'd & taken home. I then polished her by hand with Tripple monday evening, I intend on giving her another few coats as I think its awesome stuff! Once I'm happy I will finsih with Illusion.

image_zps053993fe.jpg

image_zpsb18f0d39.jpg

photo_zpse58c11a2.jpg

image_zps569ba39e.jpg

image_zps839c4307.jpg

image_zps7fa0ea45.jpg

The dreadful front end

image_zps3265dc71.jpg

photo_zps67245c26.jpg

Work in progress on the mahoosive exhaust!

image_zps7f68ab60.jpg

Last one, I promise! :eek:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
That exhaust is... interesting lol.

Looks good though, you gunna keep this one?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I know, the flamer was lovely, still is.

Last one now, I can't be bothered anymore!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What's wrong with the exhaust? Looks perfect maybe apart from the large back box but the tailpipe is perfect. The ioriginal one looks utterly pikey! Like 2 pea shooters.

Car looks stunning now Dawn apart from the front. Why don't you have a trial at the stonechip removal guide on the bonnet to cheer you up?

Buy 500ml of solvent Black Gold from local paint stores, build up layers wiping over the entire area of the front bonnet. Heat/cure, wet sand, polish.... voila, like a new bonnet. Bit more difficult on a bumper.

Oh and why Tripple after correction to that level? Something like Prima Amigo/ez creme glaze via machine on Black would literally blow Tripple out the water on corrected paint.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Exhaust looks to fine to me.

still time to book onto Bedford next Friday dawn and find out that there is more ways to enjoy these cars than just cleaning them ;)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers Gally. Yeh the back boxes looks nasty, but it does sound alright! I've always wanted to have a go at sorting the chips, I've no time now as its booked in for this moday though.

I just love Tripple, I ran out of time after the correction to finish off & had enough of machine polishing tbh! Didn't like Amigo, love BH but fancied Tripple.

I know Chip, your missus has been bending my ear telling me to get on with it! Tbh I'm scared I'll muller it!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That looks cracking Dawn, you certainly know what you're doing with that polisher. I actually like the exhaust, the backbox design is a bit badmanz, but it looks good.

Keep this one for a while though eh?

Z4
What's wrong with the exhaust? Looks perfect maybe apart from the large back box but the tailpipe is perfect. The ioriginal one looks utterly pikey! Like 2 pea shooters.

Car looks stunning now Dawn apart from the front. Why don't you have a trial at the stonechip removal guide on the bonnet to cheer you up?

Buy 500ml of solvent Black Gold from local paint stores, build up layers wiping over the entire area of the front bonnet. Heat/cure, wet sand, polish.... voila, like a new bonnet. Bit more difficult on a bumper.

Oh and why Tripple after correction to that level? Something like Prima Amigo/ez creme glaze via machine on Black would literally blow Tripple out the water on corrected paint.

Wipe over the whole area? I have some stonechips on the z4 bonnet (low car, 9 years old, black!) and I'm going to have a pop at it. I was going to layer up the stonechips and flatten them afterwards but you say wipe over the lot?!
​ Interested to know more about that technique mate :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It works very well you just have to be confident and careful with the flattening. Thread on DW although I used a different paint.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers guys, yeh im keeping this! No trackdays in them but want to do an RS one :)

the v6 is a pain in the arse as a daily, so she stays in the garage while I use the 182 for traveling to & from work! Best of both worlds :)

Fabia VRS & Yeti
When your done I'll do you a swap with mine, it makes yours look brand new. I'm currently rocking a dense layer of hardened tree sap to help protect from stone chips.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There is an RS evening at bedford on friday.

That is literally the PERFECT introduction.

I dont think there is another one anytime soon.

you could do the llandow day in august though, thats on a saturday and is almost entirely clios.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Flol, looking like a cracking car with alot of time and money spent.

Yet again another for sale.

Good luck with the sale though, I did read that dawn is thinking about changing jobs.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not again!

She must be able to turn an engine over by sucking on the exhaust for her boyfriend to put up with her.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
oh ffs. If you really must know my bf is on the brink of being pushed out of his job by the new to55ers called management & they are gunning for me too. hence the sale. no i dont make a profit each time. I payed £3200 & put £1000 into the 182 already.