ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WILL THIS WORK

It will work fine...but why ruin the handling and ride of a really great car...if its just aesthetically, then dont bother - spend the cash on petrol.

If its a handling issue, think of ways of improving it, rather than ruining it...anti-roll bar, better dampers (Eibach, Bilstein) or different tyres? Lowering a car by that much, when it was not designed to will ruin things IMO....

Lionel Richie

A mate of mine has a clio lowered approx 150mm!!!!! Im not lying, you cant get your foot under the side sill!!!!!! (the cars knacered now, sitting in his garage, he broke about 3 drivshafts!!!!) The car started out as an RSi (i think), but then hes put all 16v bits on to it ie wings bonnet rear panels etc. Also his engine had a languna 2.0 bottom end with twin 45 carbs. I dont know if the engine part is true cos i never saw it, but the rest of the car is real,and jon16v will confirm this. It has 15s. Oh yeah, if you parked the car next to a curb, you couldnt open the door!!!!!!!

BMW 320d Sport

Mine is dropped 35mm with Koni adjustables on the original 15s and it handles like a dream, so for the doubting Thomas who doesnt list a CLio as one of his cars; dont assume that lowering will ruin the handling - it sorts it out so its even better than when it left the factory.

With a 50mm drop this is a bit more than usual and might cause trouble with the arches plus youre gonna do your driveshafts in and you cant get a jack under the car either.

The handling on my car has probably improved slighthly, before lowering and changing the shocks, the inside wheel would always spin when cornering and pushing the car hard, (mainly roundabouts) now it just pulls. The ride quality is worse, but who gives a s**t about that

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

A Clio went past me today on 15s and it was pretty slammed (at least 50-60mm). It looked cool but the back end was bouncing around all over the place, if this is the same for all slammed clios then your probably better off just lowering it about 30mm.

Rick

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

ive got 15" with 55mm drop and i bounce every where!! its worse than a mini, but then again no car so far has beeten me round corners or roundabouts.
all i need is some nice seats to hold me in

BMW 320d Sport

Stick with 35mm, its tried and tested, at least on a 16v. But on an RT surely you need a bigger drop cos its higher off the ground anyway?