ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams 0001 For Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Renaultsport 220T
There's a stunning one for sale somewhere in Monaco.

Just managed to get a pic of it as it sped past my hotel.

Looked like new.

Thinking of going back, to find it.

:cool:

Image-F0FB1C275D0411DA.jpg

182 Trophy
Thank God Stomba did'nt get it we would never hear the last.

I heard Renault have brought it.

TDI tyre shreader
Swervin_Mervin said:
Err, it's not a megane engine and it's not a 19 16v subframe. Oh and it cleared up it it's class in rallying, so has m-sport heritage. It was produced to meet homologation rules in rallying.

Originally they rallied the 1.8 but as the class rules changed everyone moved to 2L, so Renault had to do the same. They cleared up with both engine sizes.

:rasp:

Oh and there's were no other no.1s. There were 2 prototypes before 001. 001 is the first of the production run.

He he ok mate i think you need to check your facts just ever so slightly there. The engine is nothing but a rejects bin special with a 2lbottom end with a diesel crank and 1.8 16v head, the same as megane 2.0 sport. the subframe is a 19 16v as the only difference between that and a 1.8 16v is that it has a wider track.

And its prob got as much heritage as the 172 dont make me laugh. It was a special to celelbrate renaults win in F1 not rallying hence errrmmm wait for it WILLIAMS??? Even tho they had nothing to do with the development of the car!!!!

TDI tyre shreader
Williams025 said:
You are quite correct, you really dont understand the Williams!! The engine, the F7R which was a 2L version of the excellent 1.8 16v was built in order to conform with the F2 rally regs. The only other car it has appeared in (apart from the rally car) is the Renault Sport Spider. The Williams came out before the Megane anyway...

prob understad it more than you know and still dont understand the stigma it attracts (without being a pedantic c**k^^) 1.8 16v head, 2l bottom end and it was diff to the spder engine so your wrong. well done it did come out before the megane it wasnt the point im making!!! keep it up!

Erm, how can you say that the williams engine (f7r) is any different to the sport spider engine??? it's the same unit, it's stated as such everywhere :-S

TDI tyre shreader
(ok let me get somthing straight here i am not trying to get into the normal cliopsort.net slanging match here i am making a point, feel free to comment but keep your snide crap to yourself) The reason i say its different, as it maybe called the same engine F4R but jae you seen the eingine in a spider its clearly in a diff spec exh manifold, inlet etc. so its not the same engine, maybe as a short block but i dont think so in final guise

Jones, the Williams power unit was identical to the engine fitted to the race version of the Sport Spyder. The road going sport spyder used the megane engine.

The Williams was a homologation car. If that doesnt tell you it has a rally pedigree then there is no arguing with you.

Yes the Williams engine was built from parts off other renaults, but as the 74r was based on the f7r, you could say the same about that. Most manufacturers do this as it makes better economical sense that making new parts. Sometimes it does not work and backfires, with the f7r it produced a cracker of an engine.

As for the subframe, it is not the same as the 16v subframe. It is strengthened with sheet metal for added ridgidity. As far as i am aware it is not the same as the 1916v subframe either, although someone on retro renault could confirm that.

Vital statistics

'The Renault Clio 16 S Group A has the almost unique privilege of being one of the few cars to win from its very first race. Fresh out of the Renault Sport workshop, the two-wheel-drive won the Grasse Alpine Rally, that first race in the 1991 French Rally Championship, in terrible weather conditions. Jean Ragnotti and Gilles Thimonier took the title ahead of the best 4x4.

From then on, race after race, season after season, the DIAC team's Clio 16 S Groupe As went from success to success. The drivers: Jean Ragnotti, Alain Oreille, Philippe Bulgaski and Serge Jordan.
Two French champion carmaker titles and two other 2.0 driver trophies crowned Clio's rally career. The model's success did not stop in France. Many Renault subsidiaries, in Austria, Belgium, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey and the UK entered and won rallies with Clios.

After the 16s 1,800 cc version that appeared in 1991, Renault developed the Clio Williams in 1993 with a 2.0 engine. Then, on the same base, the Clio Maxi in 1995.'

...as for the Megane 2L sport engine, this was different to the Williams F7R in that it was the 2.5 cylinder Volvo engine minus the 5th cylinder - a different lump all together. This was the last Volvo / Renault part share. Sure it shared a few components with it, and it did have the crank from the 1.9 diesel (it was stronger than the 1.8 16v crank - for the extra torque).

Jones said:
He he ok mate i think you need to check your facts just ever so slightly there. The engine is nothing but a rejects bin special with a 2lbottom end with a diesel crank and 1.8 16v head, the same as megane 2.0 sport. the subframe is a 19 16v as the only difference between that and a 1.8 16v is that it has a wider track.

And its prob got as much heritage as the 172 dont make me laugh. It was a special to celelbrate renaults win in F1 not rallying hence errrmmm wait for it WILLIAMS??? Even tho they had nothing to do with the development of the car!!!!

hmm, same heads you say? i'd double check that if I were you, there is considerable difference between them... don't think it's just a case of a simple bore and piston increase size, waterways and strengthening veins are completely different also, suggesting they were made using different casts ;)

as for subframe the williams uses a double skinned version and the wider track i suppose makes no difference either... *roll eyes*

Jones said:

"Reject Bin special"........."feel free to comment but keep your snide crap to yourself"......

With comments like these you should not be allowed near any Car Forums

what car you got then jones?
Your mouth must be an arse cos your talkin aload of shite that you dont even know about! youve said aload of stuff, i.e 1800 16v head same as williams 2000 16v head, which is quite obviously wrong! if you had a clue youd know this! try having a clue about the car before attempting to rip it to pieces please!

clio 16valver
Plattsy said:
what car you got then jones?
Your mouth must be an arse cos your talkin aload of sh*te that you dont even know about! youve said aload of stuff, i.e 1800 16v head same as williams 2000 16v head, which is quite obviously wrong! if you had a clue youd know this! try having a clue about the car before attempting to rip it to pieces please!

lmao, go plattsy!
lol @ jones - you dick

Clio f7r Trackcar
LOFL - Why do people have to bother posting if they are posting utter SHITE??

Say "i think" or "IIRC" if your not sure. No point slating other users who are not sure about something, or asking a question. And no point replying utter bollux! It dont make you clever!

As said above the F7P and F7R heads are different. As are the F7R 700 blocks (willy) and F7R 710 blocks (megane).

Sounds like "some" people have been reading too much maxpower! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.