ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams advice

Clio Williams 3
Hi Guys n Girls,

I have just bought a williams 3, its perfect, but the exhaust is a little loud (devil with no mid silencer)

I was looking to replace the exhaust and just had a couple of questions,

1) If i was to replace it with a standard cat back system, would i notice a little/if any performance difference?
2) Would a williams cat back be needed or is it the same as a 16v standard cat back?
3) Would a magnex or supersprint system be alot quieter? has any dealt with these? Where would be the best place to get one now as I think most Williams aftermarket systems are being discontinued....
4) Does anyone fancy a devil system in trade for a magnex or supersprint? :)

Thanks in advance

Andy (near gatwick)

Hi mate, feel free to look on www.williamsclio.co.uk forums for advice...

Basically performace gains/loses are pretty minimal; they appreciate losing the catalitic converter more than anything... williams and 16v downpipes have different angled flange connections which means you cant interchance the cat/de-cat without a matching downpipe. I cant quite remember if the exhaust cat-back systems are interchangable but im sure there will be a post about it somewhere if you look...

Supersprint are suppose to be really good but quite expensive, i have a magnex and i find it a little too loud; yet it seems theres a few different versions kicking about some louder that others, you can buy from magnex direct otherwise try places like larkspeed or demon tweeks etc...

Hope that helps mate, Bri.

Polo GTi
I've had a Magnex and it's loud ish, but the Powerflow I have now is loud as funk, cost me £250 Cat back, lifetime guarantee etc.

But Powerflow can make it as quiet or as loud as you want.

mines got a magnex cat back with a scorpion decat, its quite loud but not silly loud, it does sound as if theres power rather than the noise a loud exhaust slapped on a 1.2 sounds

as for performance, with the decat on i think it seems sluggish and its tryin to get more power but cant, with the decat on it defo feels alot crisper

hope this makes sense lol

Clio Williams 3
would a decat on a standard system be ok...its decatted atm

I have heard something about ruining the baffles in the standard system with a decat? or is that rubbish?

thanks for your replies guys

It might do as there'd be increased pressure on the baffles that, I imagine, aren't as strong as the cell set up within a cat.

I can't see it doing much apart from making it 'throatier' though (oo-er lol) as the standard system is pretty restrictive on them.

I put a magnex stainless catback on my valver and it is now a lot free-er revving and pulls quicker up the rev range. Not that loud either, unless you're foot down - you can coast along feathering the throttle in town and it'll stay burble-y but not 'look at me I'm a chav' loud! lol :cool:

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
deeroo said:
would a decat on a standard system be ok...its decatted atm

I have heard something about ruining the baffles in the standard system with a decat? or is that rubbish?

thanks for your replies guys

A good standard exhaust will not be affected by a decat mate. The baffles will be fine.

I would get a custom made one mate for around £250 fitted.