ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams F1 day

Bumder With A Buffer
Today I was down at a conference in the Williams F1 centre. Took a few photo's (100) of the museum mainly, put them all onto photobucket and rather then link them all here is a link to the slideshow. So you can peruse at your leisure. Some pics might not of come out and I haven't checked the order they are in but you get the jist.

The outside is cool though..

IMAG0305.jpg

Highlights for me were the FW14, 15 and 16 as well as the FW20 (the red ones)..love the colours of that one but the FW16-17 in the Rothmans livery is probably my favourite.

Oh also the FW008B...The six wheeled beast :)

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/richyclio172/Williams F1/?albumview=slideshow

Got to drive in their simulators too. They use the chassis from FW22, chassis no 3. Driven in 2000 by Ralf and Button...its basically RFactor though on a smallish screen mounted on the cockpit, no cockpit movements but the steering wheel had force feedback, not as good as their "proper" simulator I suspect but still it did bite! I won the simulator time trial beating everyone else (60 odd people) by almost 3 seconds :) You had 2 laps a warm-up then a fast lap, 1 more lap and I could of shaved another couple of seconds off easy I reckon.

Apparently "real" gearbox parts. I suspect either faulty ones that failed QC or they are just replica steel cast ones? Still rather cool I thought

IMAG0401.jpg