ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

###Williams Milage QUERIE####

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

My williams milage is currently at 96k.....

Do you think its still worth getting it chipped etc or do any other performance mods to it as the cars milage is quite high! will these mods increase the chance of my engine dieing on me!!

Or is it worth just trading it in for a car with less milage etc.......

Cheers for your help!

Willy2

dont trade it in GUY you will regret it, so long as it has been looked after it should go to 150k.

mines on 112k and rising rapidly

the one with the rebuild website is over 300K and was rebuilt at 210k without much problems

remeber its effectivly a diesel engine in section!

my williams is very close to hitting 200k km on the clock and the engine doesnt sound or look worn at all. oil consumption is ok-ish (all williams use some oil i heard) oil pressure is spot on and never had the slightlest problem. i am probably going to consider a engine rebuild at 250k-300k km, but only if required.

after thinking about trading it in for a 172, i have decided against it. the williams is a homologation special, a true race car, the clio sport is not.

the williams has shown total reliability and looks like a extremely solid car. very cheap to run too.

i think ill keep it for a long time.

gm

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 04 February 2004
Rebuilds after 200k reveal little wear according to experts.

as for the performance mods, id recommend some fast driving lessons, if u havent done it yet. the williams is a lot of car, very light and quick, and can be quite challenging to push it to the limit. never managed to get even close to the limit.

gm

Quote: Originally posted by eves on 04 February 2004
My williams milage is currently at 96k..... <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Do you think its still worth getting it chipped etc or do any other performance mods to it as the cars milage is quite high!  will these mods increase the chance of my engine dieing on me!!<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Or is it worth just trading it in for a car with  less milage etc.......<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6"> <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Cheers for your help!