ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy inlet on a F4R

Anyone tried to fit a williams / valver inlet on a F4r head??

172 / 182's have this massive twisty induction track and plenum piping before it reaches the anywhere near the head.
Must be some gains to be had by creating a William's / Valver come Honda set up where the TB is bolted straight off the inlet.......would save about 3 90 degree bends!

I belive Angel Works were develoving a new inlet a while back but not sure what the score is on this and a foregin company also had one on the go.

Does anyone know or has tried to see if a Williams or a Valver inlet will bolt on?? Are the port sizes anywhere near the same??

I know the TB kinda points up towards the battery but with a bit of cut and shutting it could be welded straight

Wont fit, diff bolt pattern and port shape, only the cyl spacing is the same, but F7 heads have offset ports in bigport spec.

Its a scroll manifold anyway so just as convoluted, its pumpin losses are lower however simply due to the runner dimentions being so large.

My manifold is just costing alot to have the tooling made, so being a small company i cant just flash large amounts of cash around.

The main problem you will have is the reduction in lower rpm torque usability due to significantly shorter inlet tracts.

ITB'd MK1
highly doubtful, but i'll try it tomorrow for you. The 172/182 inlet isn't that bad at all really, quite a nice constant bend rather than any 90deg stuff

ITB'd MK1
No, but sometimes you need to prove there's a problem that needs more than some fine tuning.

In the real world, you wont fit an inlet with runners of significant length in the bay without following the route that the standard inlet does. Yes shorter straight runners from an inlet sat out infront would be great for top end, lots of revs and excellent on a track car. Doesn't suit most who want a fast road car though does it?

Back to the point, I'm not saying the standard inlet is perfect, it's not, but it's a very good base to work from ( IMHO ;) )