ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy rev limiter

Willy2

Well i have had my doubts about this, well I took my car to 7K on the revs yesterday and the limiter did not cut in, i mentioned it at the BLuewater meet to a couple of peeps, i know its supposed to cut in at 6.5k on the willy so i thought it may have a superchip, well today i showed my bro and it kept going, i got to just under 8K and Sh!t myself, i dont want to blow the engine up! It comes on cam at 2.5k so i know the rev counter is accurate. im seriously confused!:confused: anyone got any suggestions? i cant get it rolling roaded yet as the steering has play in it and PE wont touch it like that.

Errr.. :eek:

Think Id play it safe!

I know Ive read that someones valver on here limits at 7800, but 8k is waaaay too high I reckon! MUST be chipped!

Willy2

im gonna do no more than 7.5k or i think the engine will give up the ghost! i will have to get photographic evidence, but the strange thing is that all the mods have been documented in the service history - i may have a duff ECU, or a stroke of luck!

silver valver/hybrid

yeah my valver limits at 7800 rpm, guy at rolling road got to 7700 and sh*t himself! but i dont think the willy engine should be going that high, i rarely push mine past 7000 as after that the torque dramatically drops.

Rajk, that sounds alittle worrying mate. My willy lump is chipped to rev 6750 with a hill power stage 1 chip - this is what Nick advises is a safe limit for the williams, i know people that have there willys chipped --> 7k but never heard of one going to 8,5k!! thats mad. It sounds as if your car doesnt have a limiter which is a worrying. The williams cant rev as hard as the valver, 8,5k of revs in valver would seem harsh, in a williams id say that was crazy!

Get it seen to - or drive with in a safe limit 7kish otherwise youl have pistons flying through your bonnet in no time.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Umm thats weird my mates old williams used to do that. I told him not to take it above 7k though as itll go pop!

silver valver/hybrid

would a 16v chip on a willy allow it to increase the revs to 7800rpm? maybe its the wrong chip.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

The chip in the ECU could have been easly altered by a ECU reader. You can download and store the cars factory settings (to revert back too if needed) and replace them with what ever you want. I.e. a limit beond 8,000rpm. Dont need a superchip anymore !

Its a small hand held unit, which just plugs in to the car. A mate used one to adjust his rev limit and boost pressure once in his GT4.

They are alot of money + £1000, so maybe a visit to a garage to have check is in order.

RiCh

My Williams engined clio rally car revs right up to 8k if I let it.

It is basically standard... just different cams + a chip of some description.

(plus strange idling problem, and a dented bonnet due an barrel jumping out in front of me)

That normally means that its been chipped. Mine goes all the way to 8000 I got the BBPT chip.

I also had my cams done and they kick in at 2.5k so this could also be what you are experiencing.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 11 November 2003

Maybe you have an RX7 engine in it ;)
ho ho!! you joker. ive submitted your entrance to the 5 most funny people in the world list.

Willy2

thanks for the input i will take out the old camera phone and get a pic as i am truly amazed at this!