ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wind noise

soon to be a 200

No not that type.:oops: My 172 has started to make a whistling noise some where from the front. The windscreen has been replaced and checked again. It only starts when you get above 60mph. Any ideas

yup, could well be your mirrors; e.g. my drivers-side 182 mirror whistles up to about 40mph, pretty annoying but hardly a warranty claim..

Forgive my ignorance, but how can you adjust them to avoid this, surely theyre either fixed in the normal position, or completely tucked in?! Ta.

Have found that my drivers side mirror whistles also... And the windscreen wiper a little. If anyone knows how to ressolve let me know.

That is the only problem I have noticed on my car - it whistles from 60mph upwards.

Keeper, does the whistle get louder if you open either front window? Noise seems to be coming from the vent and disappears when the ventilation/climate control is activated? I want to know what is causing this cos it is bl**dy annoying, even with the music loud!!

Also have the same problem on our MK2 172 starts at about 60 and gets worse the faster you go, tried everything. We just turn the Head-unit up until we can no longer here it, as Renault said they cannot notice it when they took it out, bloody imbosiles.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by AndyG on 02 August 2004

yup, could well be your mirrors; e.g. my drivers-side 182 mirror whistles up to about 40mph, pretty annoying but hardly a warranty claim..
I noticed this for the 1st time last nite. Very high pitched whistling, not overly loud, but noticable.

My drivers side mirror whistles too - passenger side doesnt make a sound. On the mirror subject, what is that thing on the bottom of the passenger side mirror, it looks like a nipple - drivers side doesnt have it.

Quote: Originally posted by b0redtodeath on 19 August 2004

My drivers side mirror whistles too - passenger side doesnt make a sound. On the mirror subject, what is that thing on the bottom of the passenger side mirror, it looks like a nipple - drivers side doesnt have it.
Ive had my 182 for 3 weeks and that dam whistle is the only complaint I have, the car is amazing and great fun, When I bought my DVD it was wrapped in a thin polystyrene sheet, I was going to try sandwiching a piece of this between the joint, so you cant see it obviously.

i have tryed a bit of very thin foam that pc stuff is normally wrapped in, put a bit of that inbetween and close and that sorts it out until some tw*t hit ya mirror @ 60mph.