ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window going down but not back up

Hi ya trust this to happen on the day it doesnt stop raining, my drivers side window goes down but wouln't go back up, i can hear the relay clicking so fuse is ok, does this mean its the motor? or could it be something else? thanks for any help :)

a thirsty one
my old 106 gti did this, i lowered the window an inch and it wouldnt go back up. it would still go down though it was something about the polarity in the motor not switching. best bet have a local auto electrician have a look mate.

Black Gold Trophy
sounds like theres something physically stopping it going up, take the door card off and check theres nothing stuck in the teeth of the motor.

ok cheers guys, ill take door card off but if i cant see anything obviouse ill have to take it to someone. i can physicaly lift the window up so im guessing its something to do with the motor just thought it was weird that it goes down no problem just not up.

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
mine wouldn't cos the switch was knackered, i wouldn't have thought you could push the window up if it's still attatched to the little mounting peg, i know i've never been able to, and i've changed 5 mechanisms between me and my m8s lol! maybe it's slipped off the peg? won't really know till you get the door off tbh.

ok thanks! ill have a look in the morning if its not raining again. do you think it could be the motor itself even tho its still goign down? any idea if the motor is easy to change?

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i doubt it, tbh it sounds like the switch, its essentially two switches in one so down can work fine but up not at all if the contact is poor, the mechanism is a cable on a spool, if it slips then it's fubar'd.
if it is your mechanism, i guess it could be caught on the up but unravel on the down, i've bought 3 of these now and they've been excellent every time, oem parts are near £200!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-ELECTRIC-MOTOR-WINDOW-REGULATOR-98-05_W0QQitemZ280274071643QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280274071643&_trkparms=72%3A1301|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1308&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14
:)

ok thanks alot mate, if it was the switch would i still be able to hear the relay, or whatever it is that clicks away when you push the button?

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
if it's a bad connection yea, mine was like that, it connected enough to send the signal and click the relay, but the motor wouldn't move, the connection was so brief!

havin probs with my drivers window. i went to lower it a bit and when i raised it, i heard a cunch.i pressed up a little bit and i could hear like a loud clicking sound coming from within the door.
i thought right,i better not use the switch and i tried to pull the window up by hand. it came up no bother and when i pressed up again. i heard the motor moving something up and then resting without a clicking sound. and the window remands shut.i havvnt had a look yet , but i will strip the trim off and have a look.

oh theres always someit...

iv had a look today and its the mechanism the wire is all rapped around itself, ill get a new one, thanks for all the help!!!!!!!