ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window problems - Goes down but not up

FF 182
As the title says, My passenger window has gone down but motor refuses to come back up. Check fuses and they are ok. Help?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Clio's eat window regulators. The plastic clip that goes through the glass inside the door will have snapped and it will only now push it up but not pull it back down.

You will need a set of torx screw bits to take the door apart, (bolts around the bottom, speaker has to come out aswell) Its a pain in the arse but if you are half switched on you will manage it okay. Be careful that you remove all the screws as the black tiger seal holding the door cards on can be sticky but make you think you have all the screws removed, id do this to find out if it is actually broken!

From memory Renparts sell window regulators for £30!

Monaco 172 Ph2
When i had this issue in my old clio i found it was actually a faulty window switch on the drivers side which actually messed up the whole circuit,

might be worth trying this first and getting/borrowing some window switches to save un-necessary hassle as i went through all the effort of changing the motor for absolutely knack all :(

FF 182
When i had this issue in my old clio i found it was actually a faulty window switch on the drivers side which actually messed up the whole circuit,

might be worth trying this first and getting/borrowing some window switches to save un-necessary hassle as i went through all the effort of changing the motor for absolutely knack all :(

Yeah i took the plug out of the motor and attached a power probe and the window went up, Therefore it must be a switch. Having 3 Renault dealers within the motor group i work for really helped haha. Apparently if the passenger switch isnt connected then the drivers switch wont work either. So im gonna replace the passenger switch and go from there