ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window stopped working!

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Well, the other night my window decided to go down and not come back up. Lovely start to my new Ranault ownership.

Anyway, it was as if it'd come off the runner or something. The motor still buzzed but the window just didnt move at all. Took the doorcard off today and noticed the other side of the metal bar that the windows attached to (the runner maybe) there was a white piece of plastic hanging off. Opposite side to an orange piece of plastic. Then there is loads of broken bits of white plastic in the bottom of the door. I've pictured the white thing and the inside of the door - can anyone see whats happened? I've currently had to leave the doorcard off and jam a piece of wood between the bottom of the door and the window to keep it up. Photos are attached.

Cheers!

Attachments

• image084.jpg
    image084.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image085.jpg
    image085.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 30
  Megane dci 130
Thats part of the regulator that the cables run on. You will probably find that the cables have wrapped them selves up too.

New regulator needed really!

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Right ok cheers lads. Are these expensive? And is that what the white plastic thing is or is that just part of the regulator?

Does anyone have a picture of what the door should look like without the doorcard on?

Evo 8 FQ300
Hi ring up a breakers yard and get the window regulator for ur model, make sure its off a three door clio and get them to check the vin number but dont use the motor off it keep ur original motor as it will be different. They can be tricky to fit just take it easy on the new regulator replacement clips;)

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Mine did this the other week, exactly the same failure whilst i was in germany! had to use gaffa tape to hold the window up!!

I went to my local renault dealership armed with the broken white plastic guide pictured expecting to be able to buy that piece only to be told they are not do not sell individual components and the whole mechanism would be required!! £204 lol which i thought was crap to be honest as its obviously a component that can be stripped and not to sell the invidual components is just a money making scheme in my eyes!

So i walked away, went to my local scrapyard picked up a manual mechanism off a clio and used the bar/runners off this as they are the same set up and you just remove the manual mechanism/cables and put your electric motor and cables in place. - All fixed for £15 and really easy to do aswell.

But beware we stripped a slightly later clio and it was different, they obviously redesigned the unit slightly, so you may have to look at a couple to get the bits you need.

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
I wish i had taken pic's when mine broke, but basically that white bit fits to the top of the bar/guide that the runner is fixed to and it acts as an anchor point at the top of the bar as the cable runs through it. If you have got the glass propped up you can remove the whole mechanism really easy, it's just 4 bolts by the motor, 2 bolts for the metal bar/guide (top and bottom of the bar). The glass has a hole it in which is how its fixed to the runner, you slide the white clip off it detaches from the runner......one of the easiest electric windows i've stripped down and very easy to refit - so don't be to put off about taking it out.

If you get completely stuffed i'm not to far away from you if you need a hand ;) - i live in Armitage so not a million miles away.