ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window tinting

Bmw 330d m sport
hey there im new to this site looks gd.

just woundering if any of u guys help me decide on what tints o should have for me car im gettin them done tomorrow so would realy like feed feed back asap thanks guys hope to hear from u soon.

Not overly dark imo as it looks crap & they are illegal, if the police stop you with silly dark tints they can make you remove them.

So not overly dark ones all the way.

Arctic blue 182ff
dont do it, if you look around the windows on the rear, they have all the black dotsa, and inbetween those dots, the film doesnt stick, and looks shite IMO happen to my pug...

Bmw 330d m sport
Not overly dark imo as it looks crap & they are illegal, if the police stop you with silly dark tints they can make you remove them.

So not overly dark ones all the way.

ok then mate well the guy said it would be gd to have limo on the back window abit lighter on the sides and abit lighter on the doors what u think ?

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Nooo! dont get limo done! clio windows are already dark before they have even been tinted, any tints you get done to your windows will show up much darker on clio windows. Id get one or 2 shades lighter then limo tint, even this will show up very dark. Limo tints on a clio completly black out the windows and your car will literally look like a van. search on here if you dont beleive me will ruin your car if you get that

Bmw 330d m sport
dont worry guys i havnt got limo lol i got bit lighter than limo on the back and and abit lighter than the back ones on the front i will get some pics up for u guys to see so keep urs eyes open

C

clvs2222

yep, dont bother getting your fronts ones done as they are already tinted to legal limit. i had light tint done and got stopped, me and the missis were scraping them off on the side of the motorway! :(

'97 mk1 ph2
I dont currently have my windows tinted, but im going to! I'll have a "dark smoke" on the rear windscreen and back side windows, then "light smoke" on the front side windows. I spoke to the people in Demon Tweeks (only 20 mins from where I live) and they said this would be perfectly legal!

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
You can get your fronts tinted but you can only get the lighest tint shade, am sure the garage that have done it for him knew this and have given him a legal tint on the front. Glad you didnt get limo tints tho they do look kack

C

clvs2222

I dont currently have my windows tinted, but im going to! I'll have a "dark smoke" on the rear windscreen and back side windows, then "light smoke" on the front side windows. I spoke to the people in Demon Tweeks (only 20 mins from where I live) and they said this would be perfectly legal!

You can get your fronts tinted but you can only get the lighest tint shade, am sure the garage that have done it for him knew this and have given him a legal tint on the front. Glad you didnt get limo tints tho they do look kack

sorry, i know for a fact that you cannot tint your front windows at all. when i ot pulled over, i had to go to the VOSA test centre and they give me a leaflet on it. take a look at their website. sure it will tell you that. garages alwasy tell you it's legal just to get the custom. if caught, they can be prosicuted for it.

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Will take your word for it mate, I havnt looked it up in a long time so laws probably changed now wouldnt suprise me at all if you were right there as makes sense

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI

sorry, i know for a fact that you cannot tint your front windows at all. when i ot pulled over, i had to go to the VOSA test centre and they give me a leaflet on it. take a look at their website. sure it will tell you that. garages alwasy tell you it's legal just to get the custom. if caught, they can be prosicuted for it.

i think the windscreen has to let in 75% of light, the front side windows 70% and the rears any. clio front windows and windscreen already come tinted from the factory and are already close to the limits so putting on an aftermarket film will make them illegal i think.

correct me if im wrong though