ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window tints

Burgandy 174 sport t
Are they easy to remove?

Reno monkeys have scratched mine (I didnt like them anyway) and so I need to remove them.

Can the be peeled off in one go? does it leave lots of residue?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i just pulled mine off from the corner or you can heat them up then i used meths to get rid of the glue

200 Gordini
Just a word of warning... If its a good tint job then the window could actually shatter if you do it yourself

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
so what method do people recomend?
im thinking of taking mine off, dont really like them anymore :(

Da

Less
Heat them up first, with a heatgun or similar. This softens the glue making them easier to remove.

Just a word of warning... If its a good tint job then the window could actually shatter if you do it yourself

LMAO! what? im sorry but that is terrible bull s**t.:quiet: I work for AutoTintz, one of the regions largest tinting firms, and not once have we pulled off tints and smashed a window.

Tip would be to go slowly and steadily, a razor blade and tar remover will get the glue off.

Clio 172

LMAO! what? im sorry but that is terrible bull s**t.:quiet: I work for AutoTintz, one of the regions largest tinting firms, and not once have we pulled off tints and smashed a window.

Tip would be to go slowly and steadily, a razor blade and tar remover will get the glue off.

bang n mate, i work as a valeter for bmw and we quite often have to take tints off on trade in cars, bit of heat and a razor and should come right off, the harder parts the glue!! but like you say some tar remover and a bit of elbow grease theyl come right off;)

172 /megane cab
worked for pentagon the best tinters there is never broke a window ever but it can be done with heat guns . just pull them off then wire wool the glass with glass cleaner

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
worked for pentagon the best tinters there is never broke a window ever but it can be done with heat guns . just pull them off then wire wool the glass with glass cleaner
sorry im from the 70's so what is chavvy? ive heard it on here but dont know what it is?

200 Gordini
Maybe... if you remove it with a brick.

LOL

Not terrible bullshit... i've seen it happen with some thick tint.
He done it fast.

This message was wrote extremely f**king calmly

You can peel tints off...its just like removing a large sticker, might leave some residue, so once peeled off dont wind your window up or down

Renault clio 1.2 16v 04
i wanted 2get my windows tinted but is it pricey and what are the limits to having it tinted, as i dont wna get pulled by the police thats to you guys that work at tinting firms

i think u can have anything on the rear three windows, but im not sure about the front two, the windscreen can't be tinted

Last edited:
  Renault clio 1.2 16v 04
uno i think im gna have it fully tinted out, my mate had that done on his 08 punto and it looked well gd but i watched this program where the police can make u remove them :mad: gays

not allowed to have the front tinted, can have the back as dark as you like. . .this how it was on my old clio, light enough to see through the front, medium on the back, tbh dont risk it, if you do the front and get stopped, ud have to take them off and itl look wierd with just the back tinted.
Clio6.gif