ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Wiper

Some thing has happened to my window wiper so it doesn't auto park no more. Like if I flick the switch on then off it will park where I leave it and not go back to the park position

Can any one help please? :)

Chav Rocket
does anyone know where the relay is? haynes says to the side of my fusebox...its not!

I'm sure its located where Haynes say it is have you looked all around the area it might be up the side.

Are you sure you have a working relay and its not been removed as it hasn't worked at some time?

Chav Rocket
it was working and then it just stopped working, the only people who work on it are myself and dad so can rule it being taken out, had a look where haynes point it out and no empty connectors only a lot of blue wires going to a long connector block that is not a relay. looked up the wire colours in haynes and im not seeing them behind the fuse board anywhere.

operated rear wiper and definatley no click.
cheers for the help so far!

The relay (I have one infront of me) is white and isn't exactly small sat say 2.5 x 2 x 1 inch in size so your not gonna miss it check further up in that passenger footwell.

Chav Rocket
its not there :( i was upside down in the footwell looking and rummaging for ages do you have the markings on it? cheers for the help ill have a good look again tommorrow in the light. BTW what do you do? your such a knowledgable chap!
Cheers

Chav Rocket
ah ok you know what im dumb ill remove my HU tomorrow just read that its stuck behind the fascia. if you could give the the relay info so i can get one from the get go as my HU is a pain to remove
cheers edde

Its white and at the opposite end to where it plugs in it has two tabs with holes in it ie to be screwed to something etc. Check the inside of the boot and tailgate as well for it.

Valeo made part.

j plate 91 449 valver,
hmm. i dont have exatly the same problem but... my rear wiper works only intermittantly generally only if i have had the car running for about an hour or so already. i have looked at the fuses and there was a 15 amp fuse in the socket, its supposed to be 10 i think, so i cahnged it but it is still the same... any ideas? can someone tell me if it is ok to jump on the end of threads?

Chav Rocket
that might be a stuck relay, is it a mk1 clio? if so ill let you know where the relay is located ill find it tonight after i rip out my head unit which took ages to fit in...

Chav Rocket
ok i found mine on the opposite side of the fusebox that haynes says it is. its outside of the fusebox the last relay on the left side is a big blue one? you need to look for a similar white one next to it but as i said outside of the fuse box. ALSO if you have the rear wiper on you should hear the relay clicking every 30 seconds or so.
was harder for me because no bloody relay was there so was just looking for the connector!
HTH
Jonni