ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows live (MSN Messenger) - Help!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Why is this now linked to my outlook ????? I want the link back at the top to hotmail "My Email Inbox (x new messages)". Just says "My Inbox" now and opens outlook. :mad:

RS Meg 175
Yeh thats because youve got the newest version which is Windows instead of like MSN Messenger, they link it to theyre own Windows email.
Its a full on bast*rd.
Just get the older version and all will be dandy, i think it is Version 7.0
Because the only one you can download now off of the official webste is that crap box ^^
Think there is a website called oldversion or something similar try on there or just type MSN MESSENGER 7.0 DOWNLOAD in google.
Should work :D

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
^Cheers, I thought that would have been the only way. That is really crap, who uses outlook for their hotmail (especially when you dont have a laptop)?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Yeah this is the new Windows Live Messenger version which has replaced MSN Messenger.

Click on this and see where you end up .. http://messenger.msn.com

You must be able to change it somewhere unless they have done it for some security reasons ?

RS Meg 175
Maybe you can change the settings, play around with the options and preferences Darth see how it goes, ill have a go at the little fecker tonite see what happens lol

Anyone else having problems where all your contacts dissapear when you install Messenger Live? It also takes an age to sign in. I'm looking for MSN 7.0 to downgrade to.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Is it actually worth changing to this Windows Live Messenger, what's the difference between this and the last MSN Messenger?

i changed today, and i seemed to have lost all my contacts, does anyone know how to import them all back?? :(

and now i catn sign into the stupid thing.. great..

i know how to get your contacts back... go onto the 'contacts' tab on your old msn, and click 'save instant messaging contacts' and then on your new live msn, do the same (click 'contacts' but click open or import instant messaging contacts.. i think)

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
i downloaded it but changed back to 7.5.. didnt like it..

D

dick

lol whoever has got live, u can talk to people when you are offline.

quite amusing.

Weird, just as i clicked that link, my live version signed back in, and seems to be working with my contacts? :D