ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Media Player help please

182 Cup
A guy across the road from me has asked for help with his laptop, and I'm not too sure what to do.

He has a whole load of music on his laptop that he's just transfered to an external hard drive to free up some space. He's currently using Windows Media Player to listen to them. What he wants is for the shuffle function to go through every song in his collection - all I can make it do is shuffle through an individual album. Is it possible to shuffle the whole collection? If so how?

Also when you go though the external hard drive to play a song in Windows Media Player it asks if you want to import into the library, will this transfer all the songs back on to the computers hard drive or just index them somehow?

Any help appreciated!

Get him iTunes/WinAmp.

You could add all songs to a playlist and do it that way?

I think the library just indexes them.

182 Cup
I had a look at itunes, is it easy to import all the songs he currently has into it? All of mine were done either buying from them or ripping CD's.

I had a look at itunes, is it easy to import all the songs he currently has into it? All of mine were done either buying from them or ripping CD's.

Yep, really easily.

MP3 is handles fine. If they're ripped ones (so usually WMA) then it'll just take a bit of time to convert them but its no big deal.

182 Cup
Super. Thanks for the speedy replies gentlemen. I'll go with the itunes as he's a bit old and will probably prefer a well known brand name.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah, iTunes is definitely the best piece of software for listening and arranging music, really easy to use too. your neighbour will love it compared to Media Player for sure.