ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Mobile

koi

Audi S1
Yeah had a Windows phone before, very usable and can install loads of apps. Going back to a 'normal' phone feels like a massive step back.

If only they made a small and nice looking windows phone...

1998 BMW e46 323i
this OS is very similar to Windows Mobile PPC edition, and that phone, while expensive, is a nice one with wi-fi too

172 Cup (2003)
I've been usnig Windows Pocket PC for a year or so now, i doubt i could go back to regular phones. The PDA functions are fantastic, mainly... i can get my work email anywhere.

I would suggest talking diong a bit of reading up on the various devices available before going ahead and getting one.

If you do, and yuo have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

My phone -

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/images/stories/vario/vario-tilted-huge-nice.jpg
http://www.smartphoneshop.nl/images/product/image.php?id=17683

.....well not MY phone, but the same type as mine :rasp:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm using an Orange M600 as a works phone at the moment with Windows Mobile on it. To be honest, the thing I like best is the synching between Outlook contacts from my PC to the phone. I know this has been available for years, but it just 'works' a treat on this.

Apart from that, I don't use the other 98% of its functionality! ;)

D.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
gazzren.

i like that phone, i was looking at it in the O2 shop the other week, but its a bit too chunky for everyday use. ok for work and that, but not ideal for going out, especially if im txting.

i had a p910 ages ago and it did my fookin head in.

still undecided. might just get the n73 as originally planned.

Got an N73 the other day (although being exchanged at the mo due to errors reading memory card) but it is a great device. I'm only moving up from an N70 but the N73 i so much more refined and a great screen. I have a PDA but never really use it, I have all the same functionality on the Nokia so its all good. Stick to the N73! :)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeh iv read up loads about it, and have tried out the k800i but iv always had nokias for years and much prefer the symbian OS.

the camera, and screen are very good. also stereo speakers, and the rest :)

might see if they come down in price, as ill be buying offline, brand new. £300 at the mo! unless anyone knows cheaper?

172 Cup (2003)
Adams_16v said:
gazzren.

i like that phone, i was looking at it in the O2 shop the other week, but its a bit too chunky for everyday use. ok for work and that, but not ideal for going out, especially if im txting.

i had a p910 ages ago and it did my fookin head in.

still undecided. might just get the n73 as originally planned.

Fair point i guess.... i hardly ever take a phone out when i go out, so it's not a prob for me.

For texting though, its awesome... a full QWERTY keyboard makes texting a piece of cake.

P910? i'm not surprised it did your head in, they're bobbins. My work just got rid of 11 P910's and got in the Orange SPV M600, on my recomendation :p I help look after our email server so it was my job to get the Push Email functionality working :S

The N73 does look nice though, it runs on Symbian OS, so you can't go wrong really. Just be aware though, some of the new phones out (the N70 for example) is a lot slower than its predecessors.

G

172 Cup (2003)
Lee said:
I've got one of these on the way from work: http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=138424 They're actually pretty good for getting email and crap. Which is all I'll use it for.

That's a great device, was mulling over getting one myself.

It's one of the first devices to support the new HSDPA high speed (faster than 3G) mobile data network. (Which currently only T-Mobile offer nationwide and Vodafone offer inside the M25)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeh the N70 i known for being shockingly slow....the 3rd gen is better so iv read....we'll see.

the sliding out qwerty's are great. juist when im in a club it might look a bit geeky lol!

Lee

BMW M2C
Lee said:
I've got one of these on the way from work: http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=138424 They're actually pretty good for getting email and crap. Which is all I'll use it for.

That's a great device, was mulling over getting one myself.

It's one of the first devices to support the new HSDPA high speed (faster than 3G) mobile data network. (Which currently only T-Mobile offer nationwide and Vodafone offer inside the M25)

I finally got it last week. I only use it for my work email (instead of a Blackberry) and the occasional bit of surfing when I need to.

The email is spot on with Exchange server 2003 SP2 supporting direct push so you get it almost the second it hits your mail sever.

Speed wise it surfs fine with 3G. I'm not sure if Brands hatch is in an area which can take advantage of HSDPA but I didn't have any problems surfing CS while there.

The keyboard it handy and far better than using the stylus on the screen.

I can't fault it. I wouldn't chose one as a phone though as for me it's too big. For work stuff it's ideal.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i got a orange spv 550 and i can say im not impressed with most of it media player camera etc is gd the things not good are bluetooth durability of the phone and the key pad. i think i might go back to nokia.

172 Cup (2003)
I finally got it last week. I only use it for my work email (instead of a Blackberry) and the occasional bit of surfing when I need to.

The email is spot on with Exchange server 2003 SP2 supporting direct push so you get it almost the second it hits your mail sever.

Speed wise it surfs fine with 3G. I'm not sure if Brands hatch is in an area which can take advantage of HSDPA but I didn't have any problems surfing CS while there.

The keyboard it handy and far better than using the stylus on the screen.

I can't fault it. I wouldn't chose one as a phone though as for me it's too big. For work stuff it's ideal.

Excellent :) Glad you're happy with it :D