ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Pe Recovery

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Im trying to restore a packard bell laptop that has a recovery hidden partition that boots to windows PE to restore. Ive tried Non-distructive and distructive restore but they both come up with errors about files not being found. I was told the lappy had a virus which i think has damaged the partition. Im trying to get the lappy back to factory default with all the default apps. Does anyone have any ideas as to what i could do?...Ive got a windows Pe boot disk that boots a version of windows off the cd with a dos prompt but im unsure on where to go from there to restore the hidden partition. I could install another copy of xp home with is what ive got but then the guy want all the default apps back but the softwaare libary cd hes gave me is encrypted i think...so for me to get any of the app from the disk i need Packard bells smart restore app which i can only get by restoring the partition. Anyone have any ideas as to what i could do? Does anyone have a packard bell lappy that they could extract the smart restore app off..i dont know if it would work but its worth a try. Thanks