ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Vista Ultimate

^ the Linux community doesn't use sidebars... there are desklets available but no sidebars (that I know of) so don't blame us for crappy windows features, they didn't copy us! ;)

I can't stand both the Desklets tha Linux offers or the sidebar from Vista. The only gadgets worthwhile are Apple's. I like the fact that they appear upon pressing the function key.

On the Vista note, I don't have the RTM, but do have RC2 and can't see the point in splashing my cash till this licence runs out, but all is running fine, no problems here, even on my 3 y/o PC.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Ok, if I was looking to install VISTA on my system (currently on XP Media), does it mean I have to reinstall the O/S. Meaning I have to back all my stuff up, and do a fresh install, which takes a few good hours to install all programs, etc...?

Better than yours. C*nt.
lol when i left secondary school they were still using a pentium 60 with single speed cd

When I was contracting at Alton Towers I pulled one not dissimilar from that (with 16meg of ram!) out of one of their offices...

Better than yours. C*nt.
Ok, if I was looking to install VISTA on my system (currently on XP Media), does it mean I have to reinstall the O/S. Meaning I have to back all my stuff up, and do a fresh install, which takes a few good hours to install all programs, etc...?

No, but if you've got that ability and honestly can spare the time (none of this 'But I've got loads to do') then I really, really would do it from scratch. I've hated upgrades from day one and believe that they don't work as well as a clean install, and I stand by that!

Better than yours. C*nt.
When I was contracting at Alton Towers I pulled one not dissimilar from that (with 16meg of ram!) out of one of their offices...

ah those were the days :D oh what fun it is to work in IT :dead:

Yep. Now I'm hauling 20 1650s sorry asses around trying to work out why on the new version of Citrix we're getting problems we didn't have on the old version!

Bugger. Bring on a broken desktop.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

No, but if you've got that ability and honestly can spare the time (none of this 'But I've got loads to do') then I really, really would do it from scratch. I've hated upgrades from day one and believe that they don't work as well as a clean install, and I stand by that!

Totally, upgrades always leave the machine is a 'dirty' state. Back up, wipe the slate clean and start over.

lol when i left secondary school they were still using a pentium 60 with single speed cd

LOL! I remember back in the day when I worked in a computer shop on saturdays. 4mb of ram used to be £120 + VAT and a 32mb simm was over £700 + VAT!

It went down to £8 in the end IIRC.

P60's were great. I remember running Command and Conquer on one and thinking I was the daddy becuase I didnt need a bootdisk becuase it had 8mb RAM. 2x 4mb simms.

LOL! I remember back in the day when I worked in a computer shop on saturdays. 4mb of ram used to be £120 + VAT and a 32mb simm was over £700 + VAT!

It went down to £8 in the end IIRC.

P60's were great. I remember running Command and Conquer on one and thinking I was the daddy becuase I didnt need a bootdisk becuase it had 8mb RAM. 2x 4mb simms.