ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Corner Trim

PH2 Clio 172
The plastic corner trims on the top, outside of the windscreen don't sit very neatly, one is sticking up quite a bit. Tried to stick it down with silicone but it only lasted a few days. Anyone else had the same problem, what did you stick it down with?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
mine do this too....

I was going to try silicone but looks like it doesn't work. I think I'll try maybe some two part glue or take it down to a windscreen repair place and see if I can blag them to bond it down.

PH2 Clio 172
Think I have this sorted now. The long top and side trims slide left/right up/down with a little force. The top trim was way over to one side so got it central with a bit of a shove. The corner trims now sit more naturally, but still not entirely flush. Bought a tube of Sikaflex 291 marine sealant/adhesive (about £6) and have used that to stick the corner trims down. Masking taped them in place, will see how it goes over the next week or so.

Clio 172
i just got new ones (you have to buy the entire windscreen kit)

How much are they fred? I have got a gap drivers side where the top rubber should meet the side rubber. Dont know whether the top rubber has shrunk or just moved

PH2 Clio 172
Dont know whether the top rubber has shrunk or just moved

My top rubber had moved, lifted both corner trims and could see the plastic bits below the outer rubber were more to one side than the other. Bit of a shove with my thumb moved it back to centre.