ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Scratch

So, my windscreen wipers have given me a nice curved scratch on my windscreen, not impressed.

My thoughts are either to get someone to repair it, or claim on my windscreen cover from my insurers, only problem is that I don't want my insurance to go up. Will they pay for he scratch to be repaired? If not, I know I could get it replaced for £50 excess, but will that put my renewal quote up?

Thanks

Windscreen claims won't affect your premium.

unless you get a quote from a company where it does ......

i had a phonecall from more than about not declaring a claim i said i have told you everything, they said you have a claim for £1300 in October blah blah blah ...... and you did not tell us and it will add £75 to your policy,

twas the Audi windscreen ...... so beware !

since then i have been asked have you had any claims in the last 5 years including windscreens by 2 separate companies when getting quotes

unless you get a quote from a company where it does ......

i had a phonecall from more than about not declaring a claim i said i have told you everything, they said you have a claim for £1300 in October blah blah blah ...... and you did not tell us and it will add £75 to your policy,

twas the Audi windscreen ...... so beware !

since then i have been asked have you had any claims in the last 5 years including windscreens by 2 separate companies when getting quotes

Oh :(

My bad.

More and more are seeing windscreen claims as an issue.
The way i see it they all will soon .... but it depends.

In our case the audi windscreen was worth claiming for as when the screen is done they have to change the screen surrounds too

182 ff
same on mine, I went to autoglass ,asked the same question ,they cant buff it out...
don't be fooled by it not effecting your insurance.. I called mine up,, they said it does effect your insurance in the future.. will go up, classed as a claim... I just put washing up liquid in my bottle, that helps, only see it on sunny days .
just get new wippers to .

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
same on mine, I went to autoglass ,asked the same question ,they cant buff it out...
don't be fooled by it not effecting your insurance.. I called mine up,, they said it does effect your insurance in the future.. will go up, classed as a claim... I just put washing up liquid in my bottle, that helps, only see it on sunny days .
just get new wippers to .

dont do this lol

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Check any local fitters that are independent if you don't want to go down the lines of claiming . I've got a bloke local to me that does some at extremely good prices.
if you don't want to go down the lines of claiming

I think I'll have a look at what the locals can do, if it's too much I'll just leave it, it's just noticeable now because I know it's there I think..

I'm going to try some glass polish when I can get hold of some, see if that will do the trick

I hate insurance companies.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
its what the autoglass technician told me..he said dirt gets ingrained the scratches .if you use abit washing up liquid in water bottle it helps.. so that's what am on about...anyway Wtf has it got to do with you?

Quite a lot, you did post on a public forum for everyone to see, I'm just trying to save the guys wipers tbh.

Clio 182
Washing up liquid contains salts and bad for the paint and waxes.

So I was told.

It it won't have any antifreeze agents either.

its what the autoglass technician told me..he said dirt gets ingrained the scratches .if you use abit washing up liquid in water bottle it helps.. so that's what am on about...anyway Wtf has it got to do with you?

Google autowindscreens handy hints and tips ..... use the keywords washing up liquid ........ you may have been under the wrong impression

Fwiw in the near million miles i have driven i have never had a wiper blade scratch a screen .

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

What do you think screenwash is designed to do? Only to smell funny and be a different colour to water?

182 ff
What do you think screenwash is designed to do? Only to smell funny and be a different colour to water?

just what I got told by autoglass,as it stops smearing/road grim ,helps for a clearer screen.if its old.. ill get his number if you like call him up...am just the messenger..
if it makes you able to see where going better.. does it matter putting a few drops of liquid in...
ffs... anyway was talking to hobbit .. next time ill send a private message...

Last edited:
  182 ff

I don't spend my days sniffing washer water.to be honest don't give a toss water colour it is, long as it clears the screen..
guess your right.. washing up liquid really smells funny...when am doing the dishes I often wonder what that funny smell is..