ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Seals

Renault Clio 182
Good Morning, I'm just after some advice, I bought new windscreen seals and fitted them on Saturday, what a horrible job that is!! However, one side won't stay fitted and keeps coming out ? What can I use to keep them fitted in securely ? Thanks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine fitted in nicely but if its had a new windscreen in its life its possibly off slightly, you could probably use a dab of silicon to hold it in

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My windscreen is awful as it's the OEM piece of glass - many hairline scratches and tiny chips from road debris. But I'm loathe to swap it out due to this very reason.

The windscreen on my previous car had been replaced at some point and was lovely and clear to look out from. But water was making some ingress at the top of the A-pillars and corrosion had started.

It was clearly badly fitted - but it's always made me wary, especially for me if it doesn't really need it.