ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen waxy and greasy

2003, Clio Extreme
Whats the best way to remove a waxy greasy almost film from my windscreen, its not visible when not raining, but when wipers on, its almost impossible to see out without having them on max speed, and constantly spraying wash fluid on them!

Could it be the wipers are fcked? (if so what are good replacements, 53 plate Clio Extreme) as they do leave trails, which don't helps matters, and in the sun, its all fine :/

This picture describes what the wipers are doing quite well,

AC-BUYERSGUIDE-CARMAINT-WIPERSSCREEN3.jpg

Any Help would be lovely! haha

Oh yeh, tried using Autoglm Fast Glass, to no avail :(

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
try changing the wipers, also clay bar your windscreen and i like to use some SRP on it to polish the windscreen.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Get a Bit of rag, spray some Glass cleaner on it and wipe along the wiper blades a few times, I'd bet they are filthy and this is what is causing the smearing

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
SRP isn't a polish flol!!!

AG glass polish will do. Fast glass will need a couple of goes to get rid of most traffic film.

Most importantly - Clean your blades .. failing that, change your blades.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Super Resin Polish isnt a polish?

I know it could be classed as a glaze etc, but im sure its a polish. plus it works better on glass as a rain repellant than most glass polish/ sealants i have tried.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Using srp as a polish is a road to nothing especially on glass. Ffs!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
its something ive tried, and it works rather well. im not too keen on using it on my car as i find it does F all to silver cars due to the fact you can barely see swirls in them. and it doesnt touch deeper scraches. i had to use it up some how, tried it on half of my windscreen as a test and the water runs off at about 40, it leaves a streak free finish. and smells good!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Happy days :)

I was going to suggest vinegar first to get the screen free of contaminents then use a glass polish & seal