ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
I have a a 6 inch crack in my windscreen and it's growing. It's moving horizontally, is there anything built into the windscreen that will stop it cracking at a certain point?

Mk1 Ph3 Clio.

R35 GTR
The edge of the windscreen. I had one a few weeks back, every bump made it bigger. New windscreen jobby.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
I'm assuming I can just buy a 2nd hand one and have it fitted?

They're not bonded in?

R35 GTR
Mine is, its sort of like a sealant all the way round, no reason you shouldnt be able to go to scrappies and get the glass and do it yourself. No idea what glue you need though.

www.renparts.co.uk
I'd just claim on your insurance mate. only have to pay the excess and doesn't affect no claims. Plus you will have a brand new one proffesionally fitted.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
I'm seeing if I can go through insurance because I'm a named driver.

Lol the crack is now closer to 3 foot.

Fiesta ST
Get a Windscreen company to go to the scrappys for ya, im a fitter do it every week, gets on ma tits doin it, but it cheaper.

Cam

182 Cup
^^ should be fine Rip3z, 50-60 notes excess for a new windscreen. Mines goosed, had it a year (from new) and its got 1 major chip which has been repaired for nothing and 3 minor chips.
How much is a zinc coated one from a scrappy?? does anyone know?????