ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen

Clio Trophy
Am I right that the 172 cup has a lightened windscreen? If so, can I replace my Trophy windscreen with the 172 cup windscreen?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Am I right that the 172 cup has a lightened windscreen? If so, can I replace my Trophy windscreen with the 172 cup windscreen?

You are right...its just a standard windscreen...the ones on the 172 and 182 are heat reflective so weight a little bit more (I'm unsure of figures for the difference).

It won't make too much of a difference really...its the whole package where the weight loss is...

172 Cup

It would probably be easier, cheaper and more effective to take some stuff out of your pockets before getting in the car. The weight saving would be about the same.

Clio Trophy
I'm only thinking about this because the dealer might have to take the current one out to fix a seal and there is a risk of it breaking in the process. I was wondering (should the current one break) whether I should get the lighter one as the replacement.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Aye, isn't the Trophy based on the 182 Cup? They don't have the heat reflective screens anyway.

Why bother Cup windscreen at more supseptable to cracking if I had one standard full fat is what I'd have stuck in.