ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen

AUDI A5 s-sline
Does anyone know how I can remove grease from my windscreen? Will glass cleaner make it more greasy? Cheers

Inside or outside?
What kind of grease?

If it's the outside just wipe it off and them wash it with warm water and a bit of shampoo..
If it's the inside, then the same but carefully.

AUDI A5 s-sline
I've just bought some new wipers ( not fitted them yet) but my when it rains and use my wipers they just leave lots of water and it's quite greasy, I honk it could be from a wax or polish? :(. I'll try warm soapy water and fit my new wipers :).

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Glass cleaner should clean it off .. if it's really crappy, something like AutoGlym's engine de-greaser spray stuff (purple label) might get the stubborn stuff off. That's waterbased so should be safe.

My best bet is that your current (old?) wipers are just that .. old, and dirty. Clean the screen .. AG glass polish / AG Fast Glass .. then take them off, (careful with the empty arms, never leave them up !!!) and see what happens.

Also highly recommend RainX (or halfrauds own-branded stuff which is cheaper). I hate having wipers on !

AUDI A5 s-sline
Ok thanks mate I'll try that! :).
I was looking at that rainx and wondered if it was any good, I shall buy some! :).

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It is fab stuff. Make sure you read the instructions properly and do it right, or it can leave a haze on the screen looking like you've never cleaned it haha :eek: