ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wing mirror question

t0m

Megane 225 Turbo
Last week my passenger wing mirror got wrenched off and is now being held on by tape. Utterly pissed off I'm looking for another. I just wondered how do I get it off? The base plate it ruined as the connecter bit is all rounded off and the mirror can't clip into nothing. How does it come away from the door?

Also, I've looked on eBay for a replacement and therea are many, but none with my Pearl Black casing. Luckily mine is still intact so can I take it off mine and put it on the new one, thus making a new Pearl Black mirror? Or do you have to get them ready sprayed?

Cheers!

BMW F31
yes you can use your backing, it just comes off iirc.
have a look at your broken one :)

to take the base off, open the door and where the triangular piece of plastic is behind the mirror, prise it off, then just 3 torx screws iirc.
refit is obviously reverse of removal.

very easy ;)

can do each mirror in like 5 mins :)

be careful when taking the trim off inside though as the plastic lugs on the back snap VERY easily, so just keep doing each corner little by little ;)

t0m

Megane 225 Turbo
Right ok then, sounds easy enough! So I can clip the back of my mirror off yeah? Because all the ones on eBay are either a different colour or matt black.

Cheers.

BMW F31
yeah comes away fairly easily, lets put it this way on my first clio mk2 ph1 the first night i had it someone half inched my backing, funny how the clio down the road had a damaged one one day then not the next ay :(