ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wing Mirror Woes :(

Grrr...on the way to work this morning and some intelligent woman in a Ka decides to overtake parked cars even though I was coming the other way! Result one broken wing mirror and the mirror cover 100yds down the road.

She didnt even stop until I turned round and caught up with her! The excuse - "you were going too fast" - yeah like 25mph in a 30 zone!, and "I live just up the road" - so f***ing what??!!! - she wouldnt give me her details (her passenger was some old Scottish woman who just kept rabbiting on) and then she just drove off.

Spoke to the local Police, who suggested I give a statement at the local station - but dont know if I can be arsed for £21! (quite impressed at the price of a new mirror compared with my old Honda that was £55!) - what do you think??

thats just the mirror - the cover has a couple of marks on it, but (once I found it down the road) seems to be intact...

hmmm i have a similar problem in that my garage is about an inch wider either side than the car, and how many times have i scraped the mirrors? about a dozen!:mad:

I would have called the police there and then.

Failing to stop, failing to report an accident, careless driving

don't

i woulda been fuming at her, no way would i let her off, id have taken her keys or blocked her from moving her car unless she gave me money on the spot or at least her details

take it u got her reg??? go 2 police, say she hit ur mirror and drove off then refused 2 give details

may only b small amount of ££ but its the hassle aswel and the cheek of it

thats y womens insurance is lower, cos were 2 soft on the buggers

.Dave.

i have the plastic thing unpainted but its for the passenger side! i ha it for my old clio but wrote it off and it now sits in the garage!

If it was your right of way, ( i.e. the parked cars were on her side of the road and not yours ) and she drove into you, you should complain and make her pick up the bill.

The fact that she didnt stop makes it even worse for her.

make a statement, theres no f**king way she would let u get away with it if it was your fault.

all she will get is a warning, but she will be v. :oops: about it.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

smashed mine off b4. down a really narrow lane, but theres enough room for two cars, i was going about 40 (in a 60 area) and the WOMAN was going about 10mph but was in the middle of the road. nothing happend, coz it was 50-50, we both got out but decided not to exchange details. i agree i was going pretty fast, but i do that everyday and its never been a problem b4 even wen going past old men in big mercs (who usually drive in the middle of a lane-type road) but bcoz she was a woman who had a newish skoda fabia she had to be the idiot leaving a 2m gap between her and the hedge.

neway, i went to renault and they gave me a wingmirror cover and a glass off a written off clio for free! but its blue and coz i messed up the paint job it now looks like a bumper and not a colourcoded panel- BUGGER!

-phil-

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 14 June 2004

thats just the mirror - the cover has a couple of marks on it, but (once I found it down the road) seems to be intact...
mine was lying on the road intact...

UNTIL another woman drove over it, even though u cud blatently see it in the middle of the road, shining from all the polish thats been on it! she even seemed to drive out of her way to break it! (or mayb i was just imagning that..?)

Made a statement to the Police (apparently she reported it too :confused:), and theyve given me her details - they suggested if I wanted to take it further to go through the insurance co! (yeah right for £21!). They werent interested in whos fault it was though :cry:

Oh well at least shell get a visit and a producer! ;)

Have to remember to give her the one fingered salute if I see her again (which is likely as I go the same way to work every day at the same time!)...

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Sounds like time to call Demon Tweeks and get some Cup-Racer style carbon fibre ones ;)