ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wipe over with a damp cloth...(pic heavy)

Gave the car a good clean this weekend, not sure if it constitutes being classed as a detail lol. s**t pictures unfortunately.... But hey ho!

Before, tbh it wasn't that dirty! As I do like to keep it quite clean, my dodo juice blue velvet had lost it's protection so really want to clean up the paint and re-seal.
eje6y3ar.jpg

7ypyjeba.jpg

To start I snow foamed and let it drip off
3a6u6u2u.jpg

Wonder wheels hot wheels agitated with a brush...
quzunyge.jpg

ebyqepan.jpg

Shampooed the car with Auto Finesse lather, first time using it really nice lubey foamy shampoo...lambs wool mitt and 2 buckets of course...
5a3a6eja.jpg

Door shuts not to be ignored!
a8yvupah.jpg

a4u3yvu6.jpg

After a quick jet wash
pe5eqega.jpg

Dried off with microfibres and Clayed with mequiars clay bar and rapid detail for lube
apajajuz.jpg

After the whole car this was all the clay picked up, told u it was already clean!
u2u4u2ar.jpg

Then it was time to polish, used autoglym super resin polish and an auto finesse applicator
amyjupar.jpg

e8e5e3u6.jpg

After polishing and buffing off it was time to wax, I used Auto Finesse desire and I used a foam applicator to apply... It was the first time I ever used this wax and it was far more oily than dodo juice a little bit went a long way... It was very had to see where I had waxed though :(
ahumyjeb.jpg

After buffing off the wax it was time to address the plastic, Auto Finesse revive, first time using this and was really impressed!
a2u5yde9.jpg

Before
ubajygab.jpg

After
9e9y8ara.jpg

Then to address the glass, you get the idea...
uqema4u6.jpg

Now the wheels, auto Glym tire shine which is s**t but I've got loads to use :( and I used armour all wheel shield, despite mixed opinions on it my mate has used it and had good results, I'm up for giving it a go and was super easy to apply just spray on!
egy8ezev.jpg

eva7uty9.jpg

And afters! I only took one with the sun out... The wax really does shine well however and reflects beautifully, it really brings the silver pop out in the paintwork when the sub hits it
enymudat.jpg

jabugahe.jpg

pataja3u.jpg

hupa5age.jpg

Hoovered the interior too lol
6u9apu9u.jpg

Thanks for reading :) let me know any comments below!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks lovely! I'll be interested to see how you get on with the wheel protector.

But please get on your knees and scrub then dress that drivers foot rest! It's minging.

Honda & VW
Good work but in future to save time don't worry about drying the car before claying the paint/glass. Pointless as you will be drying it after you re-wash it.

Looks lovely! I'll be interested to see how you get on with the wheel protector.

But please get on your knees and scrub then dress that drivers foot rest! It's minging.

Cheers Dan, I'll pop a thread or update this one in a few weeks as to how I get on with the wheel stuff!

Always miss something! ;)

Astra VXR NBG ED
Has anyone got any tips so I can see when waxing where it's been applied ?

You'll have to look from an angle to ideally see where the wax has been applied! Also if you have like a little halogen light you can plug in, this will make it easier for you to see it!

Why alot of people will do two coats, first for extra protection and chances are you'll cover and small areas you missed first time round.

Looks well :)

You'll have to look from an angle to ideally see where the wax has been applied! Also if you have like a little halogen light you can plug in, this will make it easier for you to see it!

Why alot of people will do two coats, first for extra protection and chances are you'll cover and small areas you missed first time round.

Looks well :)

Ah cheers mate :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks great but more effort required inside the cabin. Ha

Does your back bumper match the colour of your car ? Looks a little off in one or two of the pics.

Sam"

Looks great but more effort required inside the cabin. Ha

Does your back bumper match the colour of your car ? Looks a little off in one or two of the pics.

Sam"

Yeah I couldn't be arsed to do the inside really haha!

And it's slightly off the photos make it look worse than it is, it was painted to match as it's only a 1.2. In person you can't tell really :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I couldn't be arsed to do the inside really haha!

And it's slightly off the photos make it look worse than it is, it was painted to match as it's only a 1.2. In person you can't tell really :)

Ha I did exactly the same on mine mate. Had a 172 bumper off a Monaco and put it on my 1.4 odyssey blue.

I could barely tell the difference.

The inside should be more priority as that's where you have to sit. I hate a dirty car on the inside.

Ha I did exactly the same on mine mate. Had a 172 bumper off a Monaco and put it on my 1.4 odyssey blue.

I could barely tell the difference.

The inside should be more priority as that's where you have to sit. I hate a dirty car on the inside.

You should of seen the interior before haha! I wet vacced it when I first got the sport interior and the water was black lol! Tbh it's not 'dirty' inside, just needs a wipe down.

You can see in this picture the colour is pretty much spot on, I think it might be cause the bumpers obviously plastic and the car is metal but not sure :)
9asa9esa.jpg

Looks great! Good job!

But lol at how long the AG Tyre Shine lasts. Looks like it's not been applied even in the final few photos!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Wax or sealants will protect the paint and finish, dependant on product between 2 and 6 months. Desire typically 5 to 6months.

Just wash the car with a wax safe shampoo and the car will remain to look good as long as the wax is still performing. Using a quick detailing spray after washing and drying can help return that just waxed look once the finish starts to fade.

Wax or sealants will protect the paint and finish, dependant on product between 2 and 6 months. Desire typically 5 to 6months.

Just wash the car with a wax safe shampoo and the car will remain to look good as long as the wax is still performing. Using a quick detailing spray after washing and drying can help return that just waxed look once the finish starts to fade.

Thanks :) do you know if Auto Finesse lather is suitable for this??

As above, Lather is a pH neutral shampoo which makes Lather wax and sealant safe.

You should see up to 6 months from Desire, however if you want help maintain its appearance, a quick spritz of Finale after a wash will keep Desire looking its best and the carnauba content will keep Desire's protection up!

Joe

As above, Lather is a pH neutral shampoo which makes Lather wax and sealant safe.

You should see up to 6 months from Desire, however if you want help maintain its appearance, a quick spritz of Finale after a wash will keep Desire looking its best and the carnauba content will keep Desire's protection up!

Joe

Thanks very much :)