ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiper single sweep

Renault Clio III R.S
Hello Everyone. On my third generation clio rs i would like to do a single sweep. On most of the other cars you should pull down the right stalk and it does a single sweep. Is there a stalk position on this car, that does only a single sweep?

Thank you for reading!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Unless I’m missing something Renault don’t believe in this kind of thing. If you need a single sweet you need to move the stalk to the on position and back off again

very annoying IMO!

Renault Clio III R.S
Thank you very much for the answer. I thought the same, but was hoping that there is some position, I dont know yet. My method is to pull the washer for a quick moment and it does one sweep

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Seems a bit pointless, as above you just turn it on for one and off.

Single sweep positionable would just mean you do same anyway surely or it'll be on single sweep forever and ever time you turn on ignition it'll wipe once

I'm definitely with Renault on this one

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a bit pointless, as above you just turn it on for one and off.

Single sweep positionable would just mean you do same anyway surely or it'll be on single sweep forever and ever time you turn on ignition it'll wipe once

I'm definitely with Renault on this one
The difference is most cars offer a spring return single sweep before the intermittent option. So it's just a tap down. On the Renault it's a manual down and up.

Still not as criminal as the lack of dual zone climate sync on the 1 series/Mini imo.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Once you go spring loaded single wipe, you don’t go back.

…hmm, doesn’t really have a good ring to it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Totally get the logic of the OP on this - it's one of those slight niggles that I've just got used to over the years. I'd much prefer a tap down on the stalk to do a single sweep - more so when you've jet-washed the thing and get running streaks for the next couple of miles.

Worked brilliantly on my Mk1 Punto. And while we're on that - the Punto had the option of spraying the screen before the wipers engaged. Made it much easier to clear the screen by rinsing it with washer fluid prior to the sweeping wipers.