ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless network help

Basically my sister has a new laptop, the wireless MAC address starts with '70-1A etc.' but when I enter it in my router settings it says it's an invalid MAC address. I entered the one for the same laptop on the 'ethernet MAC address' but that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Go cry to your momma!
Turn off MAC filtering, join the wireless network on the laptop then in the web admin add it to the allowed list, it should have picked up the MAC automatically :)

Turn MAC filtering back on...

That's an idea, it never picked it up automatically so was unsure if anything was possible. Will give it a go now cheers :)

Edit: it still can't find it in the list. There's none on there, not even the ones that work. I've always entered the MAC addresses manually to the 'allowed' list.

Go cry to your momma!
ahh..

You could try getting the MAC from it's properties in device manager as the sticker on the bottom may be wrong?

Are you entering it in the correct format with it's colons?