ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless network problems (please help preserve my sanity)

We bought a new computer and its got fitted the wirless netowrk card I got in a package from BT with my ADSL model.
My PC's always been fin as its plugged into the modem.
My brother laptop on the next story I got to work last night somhow when he got it back (wirless network card)
The new PC I somehow got to work signal is between poor and medium somehow I got it to work last night no idea how though i read the manaual after a lot of fiddling and it was there.
This morning my sister used the internet for a bit then it stopped working. My brother laptops works fine it even works sitting next to the downstairs PC so connection isn't a problem.
The computer can now and again find the network and gets a good signal I've got it now to use the ntwork and network sharing looks liek its there but I cannot ping any sites or surf ther net downstairs its as it its not connected but it says it is on the program the system comes with . Windows own system won't say it connected or recognise the network even if I turn on its wirless conection stuff.
I'm going mad fiddling with it my parents will have a nag if I don't get it fixed my sisters in a mood with me and I've yet to have breakfast. If anyone can help preseve my sanity and explain how this stupid setup works I'll be forever in your debt.
I'm wishing we'd never bought another PC at home.

Could just be wireless.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't - just the nature of it.

Things like safes, things in walls, fire extinguishers all have a bad effect on it!

You might need to relocate the access point/router.. or get a bigger aerial for it. (www.solwise.co.uk do a load!)

Daz I have been thinking that but why would the laptop work sitting there it get as good signal as well. Its a different wirless card though so maybe that has some difference.
Alway seems I may have fixed it. My PC started going nthe same not letting me on the net but my brother had no trouble. Swicth the modem off and back on again and everyhting now works I just don't get it.
I'm going to have to secure the net though seems there another network round here (I found it whilst doing network searches). Anyone any idea how to do this as I can see this going badly.

Daz I have been thinking that but why would the laptop work sitting there it get as good signal as well. Its a different wirless card though so maybe that has some difference.
Alway seems I may have fixed it. My PC started going nthe same not letting me on the net but my brother had no trouble. Swicth the modem off and back on again and everyhting now works I just don't get it.
I'm going to have to secure the net though seems there another network round here (I found it whilst doing network searches). Anyone any idea how to do this as I can see this going badly.