ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wireless security

artic blue 182
hi everyone

one for the tech IT bods here please:)

i have 2 laptops here 1 running on vista the other on xp

the wireless router is an old Belkin one with the lastest firmware on it

now the problem is i can secure the wireless connection on the XP laptop but the Vista wont connect....will it work if i get a newer router ???? at the moment i am running it unsecured and dont really wanna carry on doing that if i can help it

thanks in advance
dave

artic blue 182
both work on the wireless network but when i try to secure it the vista wont connect...the xp laptop and desktop will though

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
ok when you secure the network the vista machine wont work, right.

is the vista machine new to the network, have you had the xp one connected to t before if what i say is true then at one stage you must have enter the security key on the xp machine for the network at one stage and forgot.

You need the WEP key or what ever security protocol you are using, the key is normally underneath the router/modem or it will be in the settings page of your router (i.e) by going to 192.168.1.1)