ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring of new front speakers?

i decided to upgrade my front speakers in my mk2 172. When removing the old speaker i found it had a connector on it. Is it best to try and use this somehow or just cut the wires and go from there?

LY 182
Cut the connector off, keep it and strip the solder or crimp the original wire with the wires provided. You then can solder the old one back on when you look at putting it back to standard.

also does it matter which way round + and - are as the new speakers arent marked only that one connector is larger than the other. I was gonna guess this would be the positive side?

Think the smaller one is negative, the larger one positive. And yeah, it does matter which way round the wires are

it is an alpine pair its all good i found out the positive was infact the large one, all connected up and sounding slightly better than the originals, time for a new headunit me thinks

LY 182
Glad you got it sorted, yes a new, decent headunit will make a heck of a difference!