ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wishbones for 182

Clio182
OEM or genuine? Big difference in cost. Keen not to change the ride or handling, but equally don’t want to bankrupt myself!

£78 each for OEM from RPD which doesn’t seem too bad as they also include bushes and ball joints. If you go with pattern parts, make sure they have the extra caster on the ball-joint mounting holes.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
AW motorworks quoted £250 to replace mine with genuine, which seems pretty reasonable. To be honest i should have taken it rather than spend a morning swearing at a stuck ball joint and breaking tools. I ended up paying for a local mechanic to come and finish it for me.

The ball-joint pinch bolts are notoriously difficult. Might as well buy the wishbones with ball joints already installed.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
genuine used cup wishbones, fit your own powerflex bushes and then lemforder balljoints.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
doesn't the powerflex kit for the wishbones work out at like 100 quid anyway, then 30 quid of ball joints

rather just buy new OE for ten quid more imo

Agreed...
doesn't the powerflex kit for the wishbones work out at like 100 quid anyway, then 30 quid of ball joints

+1. Unless you specifically want Powerflex (note they will add NVH) then replacing ball joints and removing/fitting bushes seems like a lot of aggro for a few quid saving.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

£50 for black series wishbone bushes, used wishbones £10, balljoints for £15.
Much prefer powerflex wishbone bushes to standard imho.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
It does really depend what you're after. I'd rather fit uprated parts whilst I'm there already doing the job.

I get that for some stuff, but for a road car maybe occasional track use I'd 100% stick to oe bushings. And I've fitted all sorts to every configuration of clio over the years.

So for my track only car that's used on the road occasionally, proper spherical bearings. Daily thats used on track occasionally oe. Powerflex are too on the fence imo so zero point for either application...of course all imo and ime

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
I went OEM from RPD. As above don't think the price is too bad when you consider it comes with the ball joints and you can be sure it's the right geo. The previous ones lasted 15 years so can't argue about the quality!

If doing it yourself and the ball joints haven't been done before, expect to have the hub off in my opinion. No way I could get a good enough hammer swing to dislodge the pinch bolt on the car.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk