ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Witnessed a crash

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi,

Driving home today I saw the car in front, a Berlingo, drive into the back of a Pug 207, no major damage or injuries, but I stopped and gave my name/number as I saw it all.

Whats the process now? If the Berlingo driver admits fault, i'll never be contacted? If I am contacted, what sort of involvement will I be expected to have?

Cheers
Ry

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You'll probably be asked by the insurer to write a statement saying what you saw, and send it to them. Unlikely there'd be a police investigation but if there was the police may ask you to submit a statement as well.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You get to draw a picture of what happened. You also, as McGurk says, write out a witness statement. This is your opportunity to have fun.

However, as the van ran into the arse of the 207, if there were damage - there is utterly no come back, berlingo guys at fault 100%. Guy at the back always takes the flak.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ah cool, happy days. Not too bad then. And the Berlingo guy was at fault definatley, car in front of the Pug slammed on for some unknown reason, Pug stopped but berlingo didn't. Cheers guys.

Monaco - 172
You get to draw a picture of what happened. You also, as McGurk says, write out a witness statement. This is your opportunity to have fun.

However, as the van ran into the arse of the 207, if there were damage - there is utterly no come back, berlingo guys at fault 100%. Guy at the back always takes the flak.

This would have royally shafted me the other day. Was in traffic and suddenly this coach in front of me started rolling down the hill - I kept a reasonable distance luckily, but he just kept coming. Literally stopped an inch away from me - I presume I'd be done for this as it'll look as if I've gone into the back of him.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
When I witnessed a crash I got a form through the post where I had to write a statement and draw a picture of what happened.

I witnessed a moped rider not stopping for a junction when he should have and piling into the side of a car already crossing the junction.
Nothing ever came of it, but details were left.
Definitely shook me up watching him try and get up after smashing into the side of a car!