ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WLAN Controller

Chav Rocket
One for the office boys

Looking for a WLAN Controller, was looking at this:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/data_sheet_c78_459542.html

however it only has 4 ports and only 2 of those are equipped with POE im looking at installing a minimum of 3 WAP's that will need POE and obviously want to leave space for expansion.

1st Question, is it possible to attatch a switch to the WLAN controller to increase capacity

2nd question, anyone have any experience of other similar solutions that they care to recommend

thanks

Jonni

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I used to manage a 4402 wireless controller with 25 AP's

We had a fibre connection to the WLan controller and we ran PoE switches to power the AP's, so I can imagine the one in that link would work in a similar fashion. As you could probay turn the PoE aspect of the port off if not needed.

I haven't used the one in that link and a 4402 would almost certainly be overkill if you're only gonna have 3 AP's but I could not fault it at all.

What AP's would you be using? We had 1130ag's.

Chav Rocket
Hi Fella,

Appreciate your input, the 4402 would be overkill! i think if they wanted to grow the WLAN it would only be to 8 AP's tops.
I havent looked into what AP to get just yet.
Also its only going to run a POTS ADSL line (i think) its basically something totally seperate from their office LAN for visitors.

If you have time in the week at all could i give you a call to pick your brain a bit more?

Cheers

Jonni