ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wonder Wheels

Banana
I've had a bottle of this stuff for years and have never used it because of the acid content, but there has been a recent build-up of un-moveable crap in the corners of the spokes of my turinis. Other wheel cleaners wouldnt shift it so I thought hey ho.
This stuff brought the rims up like new!! I wouldnt recommend using this stuff all the time but I reckon once every six months would be ok- keep it off the chrome reno centre caps though.

106 GTi
The stuff works, but it is so acidic thats why!

Now there clean get them polished and sealed then normal soap and water will see you ok.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I had some Megs "Hot rims" Pretty much ran out of it now, r-jay you know anything else I should use or just buy some shampoo for them. I use NXT shampoo for the car but may be a bit OTT for the wheels?

106 GTi
I use Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner as its non acid based and works well. On the clio I have polished and sealed them from new and only ever used car shampoo and water.

I wouldnt waste the likes of expensive NXT on them though, I buy the cheap halfords own for my wheels and arches.

Ziel Nurburgring
As said, if youve used the the stuff id give them a coat of some protector. Less hassle the next time you wash them as well.

05 1.2 Dynamique
I'm guessing there's a special polish for wheels? - i do like my wheels to have a nice sparkle but really wouldn't know what to use on them...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've used diluted hydrochloric acid with just water, leave for 20 secs then wash off immediately on my rims. works a treat. only use it once in a while though.

106 GTi
The way I see it - I wouldnt put acid on the bodywork paintwork, so I wouldnt put it on my wheels paintwork!

Mégane RS
i used to use it on my silver whees, the brush thing is a good idea even if your not going to use it you could use the brush with something else as its good to get those corner spots especialy when you have multispokes lol

clio 16v
i use the megs NXT all metal polish, its the dogs, but takes forever. but if you got spare time, you wont be dissapointed.

106 GTi
Bear in mind most wheels are painted and clearcoated, so unless you have polished finished wheels you will be better off using normal polish.