ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wondering?

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
If my local renault dealer had in a 172 and it was reasonably priced, how much do you think they'd give e p/x for my 1995 M Valver?

Wondering if I could do that instead of selling it private..

x

182 has now gone!
Some dealers do offers, like a minimum of so much part exchange price. All you can do is ask them, then see if you could possibly get more from a private sale. Maybe check autotrader and see how much your car is roughly going for, so least you have a figure in mind..

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
not always.. when i asked about p/xing my corsa (which was fucked) they offered me more that I'd have got private :p

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I doubt at the curent climate they will give you anything tbh

A car like your will go straight to a dealers auction due to its age/milage

Probaly take it as a deposit at most...

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Hmmsie..

Anyone wanna buy a Millie?
I'm tempted to keep her & buy the 172 outright & run them both.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Deposit.

That's all they'll offer you, sadly.

It's 10+ years old with 140k+ miles... they would just send it straight to auction and cut their losses.

They may offer you a cracking part ex price then not knock any money off the new one. Your best of as a cash buyer tbh.

Ultra Red Clio 197
i think i heard on the radio yesterday that my local dealers is giving a minimum part exchange of £1000 on any car up to the end of october!

Hmm, renault dealers to buy from & part ex with, easiest way to do yourself out of money imo.

Valver up for under a grand, then go find a car private (that's what I would do)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Yeh stick the valver on ebay, no reserve. Then go and look at some private 172's and if you find one you like, make a cheeky offer! Bet you'd save over a grand rather than going through a dealer!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Stay away from the robbing dogs.

Sell it private on PH or something.

Failing that buy a 50 quid shed from the auctions and go somewhere thats doing a minimum 500 quid part ex deal

clio williams 2
whta mileage has it done. could you post some pics and is it standard? as my mate is wanting a cheap fun run a round so could be of interest!:)