ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Won't start initially

Honda & VW
My mates 172 very often won't start unless the throttle pedal is pressed during turning the key, clearly not normal.

Something like fuel pump perhaps? i'm just guessing

"Navy" N17 TWO
Mine wouldn't start yesterday (completely dead) outside local motor spares place lol I was down getting fuses for the xenons

Got out as a guy was about to give me jump-leads. I gave the car a bit of a rock first and tried it - been going since! :)

Mine wouldn't start yesterday (completely dead) outside local motor spares place lol I was down getting fuses for the xenons

Got out as a guy was about to give me jump-leads. I gave the car a bit of a rock first and tried it - been going since! :)

That sounds like a dicky starter motor mate, mine was exactly the same and eventually it was doing it on a daily basis.

I think I remember you said that a while back - you get it sorted?

I probably have, I was probably attention whoring cos I was pissed off with it :rasp:lol. Yeah I got it sorted eventually, had a new starter motor and it's been fine since. (famous last words)

Any ideas about my mates car, Tigger you just rained all over my parade lol

Does sound fuel pump related because pumping the throttle will push more fuel through but I would be only guessing as well.