ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Woofer in V6

I know the sound of the V6 is already good enough but there comes a time when you just need to listen to a different type of music!

I have a good setup at the moment with JVC Headunit and 2 sets of excellent component speakers however wanting to add just a little bass.
Amping the component speakers up just don't crack it as set for high end sound which is great but looking to add a sub.

With little room available and not wanting to create any type of install was thinking of the following :- SWD-1600 Active Bass Tube
For under seat mounting.

Read a few reviews on these and sounding just waht I am after but just wondering if anyone had heard these in action?

Clio 182
There are lots of good active subs that fit under the seats, they are good if you dont have the space but often are small and output is weak compared to a normal one.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Dave (136930503050 ;)) has a sub woofer on his luggage shelf. Drives it off the cables that originally went to the rear speakers.

I know subs are the way forward as got a decent system in my 172 but dont want any sort of build in the V. Plus dont want anything on show.
As said not looking for real deep base just after a punch which high end components dont really achieve.

Cheers for comments anyway guys and Ronin let me know how you get on with custom box mate.

Clio 197
I built myself a custom box out of MDF, and will carpet-it.

Currently, it houses a 12" sub 'n' amp, so a little big to go under the seat - but it's the idea that counts: easily achivable with a 10" sub IMO.

You'd never know it's there, once carpeted and placed behind/under the drivers seat.

Pete said:
As mentioned already get a active sub, you should find one out there that will fit in the V6's boot.

doubt it and its way to hot in there to put a sub. And with the ebgine between the sub adn your ears i dont think the sub would be very efficient.