ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

woofer instead of rear coaxials

instead of the rear speaker with woofer and tweeter, is it possible to just fit a wooffer from a component set in this space, to eliminate treble??

also, would i get a better sound putting coaxials in the front doors, and turning the standard tweets off, OR, putting components in???

yes it is possible, but you would be better off going for a set of 6" subs

i looked at doing this with some JL 6w0-4s

you will have to remove the door card to make an enclosure for them, more than likely out of fibreglass, would take a bit of work, but well worth the hassle

up front, components are a much better choice, they will sound so much better

treble from the rear is always a bad idea

either fit subs in the 1/4 panels or diconnect them and leave them alone

my peronal choice, but i prefer the sound staging in the car to be set-up properly - at the end of the day you dont turn yourself away from the stage when youre at a gig, so why whould the treble come from behind you in your car??

id have coaxiles in the back simply so people sitting in the back can hear the tunes.

i used to have no speakers in the back and folk just moaned "all i can hear is bass"

that did have something to do with them sitting right next to the sub...but anyway:)

Dont agree here really i got Components in the fromt and back of my clio.

SOunds amazing you cant really tell the difference of where the treble is coming form sounds fin to me.

also my system was set up like this buy http://www.audioconcepts.co.ukwww.audioconcepts.co.uk UK Champions of SOund Quality and installation.

saying that i think some 6 inch subs in the rear instead would sound awsome but would need some top top components up front.

thats why i bought some genesis A16.01 (still not fitted though)

still have thoughts of doing it, but as things stand i cant be bothered wit the hassle

350z & 16v Maxi

Dynamique,

Audioconcept may have the UK Champions of SQ etc but i bet there car does not have components or co-axils in the rear.